Notorious Firma ESC slows down when transmitter turns on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgorfido

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Happy Easter to all.

Quick question for the forum. I have the V5 Notorious 6s and only about 5 runs on it. If my transmitter is off the truck turns on and the esc fires up just fine, has the sounds and beeps but if the transmitter is on before powering on the truck or I turn it on after the truck is on the esc seems to throttle down the fan and gets very quite and of course the truck won't run. I put in a different radio and transmitter and it does the same thing, but it works fine in another truck. And tried different battery packs, one brand new and all batteries are in perfect running condition with proper voltage.

Any ideas? Strange to me that it powers up normal but then seems to almost shut down when a transmitter is turned on.

Thanks

Not sure about an answer here,,,......so,,,,you know your Transmitter should always be turned on first yes? And turned off last....

TX-on
RX-on

Bash truck

RX-off
TX-off

cheers,
kev

Not sure about an answer here,,,......so,,,,you know your Transmitter should always be turned on first yes? And turned off last....

TX-on
RX-on

Bash truck

RX-off
TX-off

cheers,
kev
Yes I do, I didn't even notice that the esc turned on normal if the transmitter was off for a long time because I always have the transmitter on when the truck is on. Yeah it's a weird issue for sure.

Yes I do, I didn't even notice that the esc turned on normal if the transmitter was off for a long time because I always have the transmitter on when the truck is on. Yeah it's a weird issue for sure.
Ok, if you know to turn the TX on first.....then RX.....why are you doing the opposite?.....unless I’m getting lost in translation here....

cheers,
kev

Ok, if you know to turn the TX on first.....then RX.....why are you doing the opposite?.....unless I’m getting lost in translation here....

cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev
I think you might be lol. The esc isn't working properly and basically seems to not be fully powering up. I happen to notice after over an hour of trying to figure out the issue, that if the truck was turned on with the transmitter turned on the esc powered up properly. If the transmitter is turned on at all, before or after the truck is turned on the esc seems to lose a lot of power, fan slows way down and nothing works, no steering and no throttle. I thought it was a bad esc then after I notice the esc powered on normally when I didn't have transmitter on one time, out if the 20 times I turned it off and on trying to figure out what the issue was, I thought it was a transmitter issue. Swapped the radio and transmitter but the esc did the same thing.

Nothing to do with the order of what is powered on. The esc almost shuts down, or loses power when a transmitter is on first or turned on after the esc is on. The esc doesn't fully turn off just seems to lose half of it's power.

It sounds like the RX is dead. When it tries to power on, it overloads the BEC - which causes the fan to slow down. Also could be the servo, but you said it worked fine with a different RX?

It sounds like the RX is dead. When it tries to power on, it overloads the BEC - which causes the fan to slow down. Also could be the servo, but you said it worked fine with a different RX?
No it did the same thing with with a different radio and receiver I pulled from another truck.

Yes I will try that tonight and will update. Thanks. Anyone have a good servo recommendation for the new V5 6s.
Depends on what you want to spend. Many like the DS3225SG

I didn't have great luck with the one I got though. Had quite a bit of movement before it would hold fast.

I had the svaox 1210sg in my outcast for a year, but it died on me. Blew the fets. I replaced them and it last a couple months, then blew them out again.

I then got the Hobbystar HCS-4521, so far it's doing well for me. I have one in both my outcast and ERBEv2. Lots of power/speed at 6V and even more at 7.2V which is what I run mine at via max6 esc's. Can catch them on sale there on occasion for $39.99. I've had the one in my outcast for right at a year. Still going strong. Only had the one in my ERBEv2 for 6 months or so I think.

Thank you to all. It was the servo! Never had that happen before where the esc acted up like that. But I'm only a year and half into the rc world so thanks, learned something new today. I ordered a savox 1210 as I have it in my kraton which has run great, which was in my original Notorious 6s before I sent it back to horizon hobby and they warranted me a new V5. I was hoping the new spectrum firma stuff would be a little better but it's not. Well I got about 5 runs out of the servo so I should be grateful.

Thanks again to all. I really appreciate all the input.

I didn't have great luck with the one I got though. Had quite a bit of movement before it would hold fast.

I had the svaox 1210sg in my outcast for a year, but it died on me. Blew the fets. I replaced them and it last a couple months, then blew them out again.

I then got the Hobbystar HCS-4521, so far it's doing well for me. I have one in both my outcast and ERBEv2. Lots of power/speed at 6V and even more at 7.2V which is what I run mine at via max6 esc's. Can catch them on sale there on occasion for $39.99. I've had the one in my outcast for right at a year. Still going strong. Only had the one in my ERBEv2 for 6 months or so I think.

Thanks. I already ordered the savox 1210 but will keep an eye on the hobbystar and pick up when it goes on sale, to keep an extra one in the tool box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back