Kraton Firmware Upgrade Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhardy1962

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Does anyone know how to recover a Spektrum DX2E from a failed firmware upgrade. Any help is Appreciated. Locked at 5 %
Want to run my new Arrma 8s tomorrow!

Attachments

• 159BEF74-337D-4C90-80F5-084DA44842E7.png
    159BEF74-337D-4C90-80F5-084DA44842E7.png
    671.5 KB · Views: 99
Welcome to AF.
Not much info here. Except that it appears FW update failed. Generally I would call HH. They may need to get it for repair. I Have a DX5c and recently updated mine to the latest RaceWare which now includes a Telemetry Menu Screen. No issues. Loaded fast. But my radio uses the USB link only, not BT or Wifi. I came across others online with my same radio and theirs have locked during UD also. IMO it seems rare. Call Horizon Hobby Support (Spektrum) I am sure you logged in at Spektrum and all is good. Try to reset everything, including removing batteries and let it sit for a few hours. Hopefully you can reset the Eeprom and start over. R u using IOS or Android? Remove the APP and reinstall if you haven't already. Your Spektrum account must be setup and functional with the Radio's ser. # registered with them if I am correct. There are Spektrum YT videos about updating the FW. Hopefully others may chime in. Sorry I cant offer anymore.:cool:

Does anyone know how to recover a Spektrum DX2E from a failed firmware upgrade. Any help is Appreciated. Locked at 5 %
Want to run my new Arrma 8s tomorrow!
I don’t have an answer but I do have a bit of advice in the future. NEVER upgrade firmware or software at the end of a week. You now have to wait until Monday for real techs to be back in the office to help. Your frontline help desk guys that work the weekend shift are not going to know how to help. This comes from 25 years of IT experience.

I don’t have an answer but I do have a bit of advice in the future. NEVER upgrade firmware or software at the end of a week. You now have to wait until Monday for real techs to be back in the office to help. Your frontline help desk guys that work the weekend shift are not going to know how to help. This comes from 25 years of IT experience.
Never thought of that?

Never thought of that?
This is true.
I was able to finish the firmware flash with my IPAD . The radio will hookup to the Bluetooth app but has no light on the controller itself. Should have waited.
Looks like it will be Monday before I can move on.
Thanks for your response!?

Hopefully they come with a fix this week my truck is down as well
They are sending me a new transmitter. The technician said they normally use cables to tie into a desktop to do the firmware upgrade. My response was I did what the application told me to do and it failed. This time I will do it with my iPad with the transmitter connected to the receiver.
I will report back!

Update: second controller successfully upgraded!
Had to cycle transmitter for the firmware to begin.
Tower Hobbies sent me a new controller at no cost. Had to program the spur and pinyon tooth numbers in for true speed.

You can’t just run the car? I have the k8s and don’t even know what you’re talking about. Mine runs great. I guess it’s the telemetry stuff but I don’t see why that keeps you from running. I plan on never using it. I have enough trouble with my phone, I don’t need my rc cars hooked to it...

You can’t just run the car? I have the k8s and don’t even know what you’re talking about. Mine runs great. I guess it’s the telemetry stuff but I don’t see why that keeps you from running. I plan on never using it. I have enough trouble with my phone, I don’t need my rc cars hooked to it...
Yep it’s the telemetry stuff.I just had to see it work! Lol. It is hard to see when you’re running your car at full speed without worrying about running into something. It does work after setting it up.

Yep it’s the telemetry stuff.I just had to see it work! Lol. It is hard to see when you’re running your car at full speed without worrying about running into something. It does work after setting it up.
It would be cool to record the run, speeds, heat etc, but I agree, I have hard enough time keeping an eye on the car.

Not sure. I understand that Moisture in the tire can make that happen.
Moisture in the tire will cause wobbling and maybe exploding tires, reason for ballooning is the sheer force applied to them.
I'm quite sure @gotnitro's question was targeted towards the telemetry setup itself and if it takes the ballooning (thus expansion -> larger diameter -> more possible speed) of the tire into account.
I don't own the necessary telemetry stuff myself, but I think the package comes with an RPM sensor for the motor. Usually, you can configure your parameters in the app (again, not using this one, just generally talking) like spur size / pinion size / tire diameter / diff gear ratios etc., so I tend to believe that ballooning is not taken into account. Anyone that knows better, please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
No ballooning is not took into account. The speedo is sh!t it’s based off mathematics( rpm n diff ratios)no real world gps. Lots of factors not taken in. It’s not accurate at all

Just curious, does all that speed info on the transmitter/phone account for tire ballooning?
NOPE. Rollout will change. Speed will NOT be accurate.
GPS meter is the best way to get speeds. Looking at my DX5C for actual live speeds and telem info while driving seems wrong to me. I'm watching my car not the Tx. Needing to see temps and volts while driving seems counterintuitive also.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back