Kraton First 6s, Exb I’m underwhelmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya after bashing Brian mentioned the gaskets I had a “duh” moment and realized it was gasket. Haven’t run it since replacing center diff oil, hopefully today or tomorrow I’ll get to test it out and see how it behaves.

Fresh built exb with stock firma 150esc and 2050kv motor and I gotta say for my first 6s experience I was underwhelmed. 12t stock pinion I figured I’d get wheelies and backflips, but it won’t do either. It flew like a dang bird for 100’ sends and I did get one backflip out of it buy sheesh was it laborious. Also front end started squeaking like crazy before I finished the first packs so I’ve got to check that out and wing Mount broke, which I guess is a given with these. I gotta believe this setup has more in it, it doesn’t take 8s electronics to make this thing a little wild does it. I’ve got to study up and figure out some tuning on this before I call it a waste. Any ideas? Thicker diff oils, turn punch up, Different gearing or what?
Yeah there’s a lot of work you need to put into these. You probably should try a 15t pinion and if you upgrade it try to go for parts to lighten the truck up. Also shim in and outside your diffs. I highly recommend the hot racing modular diff cups but they unfortunately only work on the rtr 6s arrmas. I probably wouldn’t do 8s in any 1/8 arrmas.

This truck just has to be a pain in my side. New aluminum housed fans showed up with 2 new 6s batts and first the fans wouldn’t fit. Measured of course before, but listed dimensions had to be different. So I threw them in the vise and drilled out the mounting holes and problem solved, great. Batts charged let’s go. First trigger pull pinion comes loose, it’s the second time. It was thread locked tight and set for more than 24 hours. Cheap Chinese metal maybe allowing it to slip past grub I’m not sure, but arrma 12t originally installed had no issue and it wasn’t a safe “d” pinion either. Try one more time tomorrow and if it slips again I’m sending them back and ordering an arrma or Robinson racing pinion I guess.

Guys I’m seriously about to scrap this thing. Pinion and 500k in center livened it up with wheelies and speed like a proper exb animal and then it explodes a drive cup and mangles and arm, but I think the arms is still usable currently. Mind you this is at my house on grass and blacktop driveway, not 100’ sends. Extreme bash it is not. It’s getting fixed and tried one more time and if it doesn’t take the launching I’m going to give it I’m done with it, it’s ridiculous at this point.
9FD1AA57-0B95-41A5-A523-E15512D17247.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back