First Aftermarket Tires, One bigger than the other? (Maybe considering other options)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I would reply to this old thread rather than make a new for for just one question. I ended up keeping Belted Lockups that I will be using for general street running with minimal to no off-roading with them.

With that in mind, should I:
Vent them and seal the rim holes?
Seal the rim holes and not vent them, or
Keep them as is?

No reason not to seal the rim and vent the tire, or at the very least seal the rim. Not really any downsides to doing either.

No reason not to seal the rim and vent the tire, or at the very least seal the rim. Not really any downsides to doing either.
Thanks!

These tires are bead lock, my first bead lock actually. I'm guessing that bead lock tires are not truly "sealed" and that water can get in them, even if I had the rims taped and the tires unvented. Is that correct?

Thanks!

These tires are bead lock, my first bead lock actually. I'm guessing that bead lock tires are not truly "sealed" and that water can get in them, even if I had the rims taped and the tires unvented. Is that correct?

A good sealed beadlock should keep water out pretty good. And since they are belted, ballooning is not so much of a concern. That being said, I'd probably still vent the tires with at least 2 holes to ensure that you can throw any water or sand out of the tire in case something does get in. But, really up to you at that point. I have no experience with that tire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back