First Arrma Differential Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi all, just a couple of newbie questions here about the notorious but probably applies some what to all the 2019 v4 range, i’m going to be changing the diff oils soon, is there any tips or tricks i should know before hand, also i was thinking about running a 30k/125k/30k setup, how different will it be if anything?

Its personal preference but refer to this for tuning diffs

kraton-diff-oil-jpg.34886

Myself I'd go 500k centre to reduce front tyre ballooning.

From memory I'm running 60/500/30 (F/C/R) in my Kraton.

Last edited:
Go with 500k center. I run what @Warby said. Also some tips.. take it apart slowly so you remember how it goes. Clean it up well and put back together, don’t forget to put the bearing on before closing it all up haha. Been there and it’s annoying. Also upgrade to nice fast eddy bearings while you’re at it. Fill the cup about 80% of the way and let it settle for a while before slowly working the gears to get it all around. Make sure you have enough in there and let it sit some more to release any air. Then seal er up ??

+1 on forgetting the bearings :ROFLMAO:
Get a diff refurb set and a 3 pack of seals. Just in case anything gets lost or rips. Seals are ok to reuse but a tiny tear and you regret it later. The tiny o-rings get lost easily. 500k or higher in center is my recommendation as well. Running 50/500/50 myself, couldn't tell the difference running 30rear/500/50 and cuts down on inventory. 500k is hard to find, 1M works as well. Buy shims and watch some vids as well.

Bump...

What would 80k/500k/35k be like?
I’m running 50k/500k/50k atm and cant really fault it, probably because i haven’t used any other setup besides the stock oils it comes with. Also when refilling the diff cups how much is to much, thanks in advance guys ??

Dissenting opinion time! I fill them up completely and let the extra bleed out (there's a grub screw for that) as I rotate the gears once it's closed.

I also find 100k cSt thick enough in the center diff. Maybe because I fill em up all the way. ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back