First Arrma - The Fazon - A few ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbdynsty25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Vorteks
Everyone...first and foremost I want to thank all of the members here. I browsed these forums for a week or so when I was trying to decide which 1/8 scale rig I wanted to buy. I narrowed it down to the Nero chassis because of the Diff Brain, even though adding electronics to an already fairly complex machine is always a bad idea but I did it anyway because of the positive reviews I read. From there I had to decide on the model and I went to the Fazon just for the looks mainly and the few upgrades it had over the original Nero. This forum is obviously a fantastic resource and I appreciate everyone's info they've posted and you guys convinced me to give the Nero platform a shot. Anyway, on to my questions.

I've run her a few times already without any issues (ran into a tree too, no breakage). 4S seems to be a bit too tame when it comes to adjusting the orientation in the air, so I mainly run 6s. I've got a set of the Venom 50C 5000mah 3S packs (yes I spent too much on them) and I ordered another set from RCJuice today. 6S is the way to go. I also realized that when I run the Fazon around my neighborhood, the tires are pretty nice. But for park use (like the video I'm going to link below), it just seems like they don't have quite enough traction. So I ordered a set of the Backflips for bashing purposes.

And yes, I'm taking it really easy...with all of the rain we've gotten in southern California over the winter, the weeds have overtaken most of my main bash spots. So sad...a few more weeks/months and they should all be gone again w/ the dry summer months ahead.

Now, a questions. I've read a few things in multiple locations on the shocks. I ordered those spring perches that everyone seems to mention, so that's easy. But I'm curious, why does everyone say to move the shocks to the second inner most mounting hole? What is the reasoning behind it?

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's input on the platform...I really appreciate all of it. Hopefully I'll be spending a lot of time here.

At first I wanted a Fazon, it is the best looking RC I have ever seen!
I decided for the Talion because of budget haha. And later bought a Typhon since I've receive a fair amount the week after...

Anyway, gratz on the new monster, and a crazy one at that!

Installed the Backflips on the Fazon and it's a completely different car offroad. So much traction now, it's fantastic. The grip upgrade is definitely needed in grass and sandy conditions which I spend most of my time w/ the Fazon. I like the original tires...but mostly for street and packed dirt. So I'll keep em around, but I foresee about 90% of my time on the Backflips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back