Kraton First back flip under my belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true lol. I’ve hit a few doubles here and there but nothing compares to the first nitro backflip. As you hear it screaming 😂
I tried nitro back in 2000ish and got so sick of fiddling with them when I just wanted to go out and drive and bash with them. I wish we had longer run times with the current cars but its still better than not being able to run at all with finicky nitro.

Ive had my kraton exb 6s for a while now but ive only been brave enough to do small jumps so far as ive come back into the hobby since the old days of the tamiya subaru's and cosworths and this is my first experience in the 6s bashing rigs. I set up a ramp and again was only doing small jumps of it but then thought lets just go for it if it breaks then so be it i will just fix and try again, i ended up doing about eight or so back flips with a huge smile on my face and the best of all i come away with no breaks😀
Im so glad ive got back into the hobby i cant think of any other hobby that turns a grown adult into a kid😀💪
Well congratulations! I have 5 Arrmas and never did a backflip on purpose yet. I have however broken all 5 of then and am currently rebuilding my Kraton 4S from the ground up. It has been fun and a challenge to build as I have never done it all before. Bashing is great fun and at 59 every time I take trucks out I just wanna have lots of fun. I hope you get more and that your confidence continues to grow. Mine will come someday.

I tried nitro back in 2000ish and got so sick of fiddling with them when I just wanted to go out and drive and bash with them. I wish we had longer run times with the current cars but its still better than not being able to run at all with finicky nitro.
Nitro is not for everyone, myself included, but I have had a couple over the years. Once you get it tuned it’s very satisfying but can be a bear for sure.

Well congratulations! I have 5 Arrmas and never did a backflip on purpose yet. I have however broken all 5 of then and am currently rebuilding my Kraton 4S from the ground up. It has been fun and a challenge to build as I have never done it all before. Bashing is great fun and at 59 every time I take trucks out I just wanna have lots of fun. I hope you get more and that your confidence continues to grow. Mine will come someday.

Bro I'm 56 and only got into the RC hobby 6 months ago. Like you I have several Arrmas but I love doing backflips. A bit of confidence and a heavy dose of throttle and you're 95% there.

I do seem to do a lot of rear diffs though 😄😄😄 I still have lots of driving learning to go.

Rip it hard bro.

Im p####d off now just getting the hang of doing backflips and the back flips are only about three to four foot high, low and behold the rear diff fails, evertime i get it sorted under warranty they seem to blame it on too many uses between oil change and service. So this time i made sure i stuck to there recommendation of changing the oil after 20 battery packs or five hours of use. After 12 packs of battery use and roughly three hours of use the diff fails. Ive only had the rear diff as an open diff so im going to give the lsd plates ago and see how they stand up. I know its an issue but its very frustrating😡

Im p####d off now just getting the hang of doing backflips and the back flips are only about three to four foot high, low and behold the rear diff fails, evertime i get it sorted under warranty they seem to blame it on too many uses between oil change and service. So this time i made sure i stuck to there recommendation of changing the oil after 20 battery packs or five hours of use. After 12 packs of battery use and roughly three hours of use the diff fails. Ive only had the rear diff as an open diff so im going to give the lsd plates ago and see how they stand up. I know its an issue but its very frustrating😡
What part of the diff failed?

When I busted my diff it was the crown gear and input pinion. I’d check there before disassembling everything.

Imo the crown is definitely the easiest to see damage on. If the crown is damaged, I'd replace the crown and pinion. Also I've broken the pins that hold the crown gears and a crown gear. But check the crown first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back