Notorious First bash with Notorious...broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I have on my outcast.

I forgot, I do have the RPM wing mount on the rear because my stock one turned into an S. I don't run a wing though, just the little wheels. I run this wheelie bar from t-bone:
https://tboneracing.net/products/10061-tbr-rear-bumper-with-wheelie-arrma-outcast[/QUOTE]
Does this bolt on to the gearbox? I checked the photo on the Tbone website, and can't tell for sure. After hearing all the problems people had with the old Tbone front bumpers pulling screw out of the gear box, I'm not sure if I'd want to risk the same thing in the back. Would love to have a lower set up on the wheelie bar though, and this one seems to sit really nice.

Sorry if it got messed up. My last question was for @olds97_lss
Yes, it does. It uses the top 2 screws of the diff cap/lid. To be honest, I did have those get ripped out, but I'm 99% sure it's because I sort of stripped them anyway. In the end, I did away with my sway bars, ran long bolts through the entire bulkhead until they stuck out the bottom/front and used the sway bar screw holes for the mounting of the t-bone. It's been holding up great so far.
2018-0921-Outcast-RearExtendedBulkScrews.jpg

2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

So the lowest ride height is better when jumping? I didn't know that. I figured a higher ride help would be better. I also thought shock oil was to control rebound?
Shock oil is for better landings not preload lol

I do wish some aftermarket company would release a front skid overlay sort of like the picture below. Then you can retain the stock bumper that fits the lines of the stock out outcast and notorious body. RPM's curved bumper on the straight the straight body line would bug me. Even if it is a superior product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190108-122430_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190108-122430_Chrome.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 39
Yes, it does. It uses the top 2 screws of the diff cap/lid. To be honest, I did have those get ripped out, but I'm 99% sure it's because I sort of stripped them anyway. In the end, I did away with my sway bars, ran long bolts through the entire bulkhead until they stuck out the bottom/front and used the sway bar screw holes for the mounting of the t-bone. It's been holding up great so far.
2018-0921-Outcast-RearExtendedBulkScrews.jpg

2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg
I saw that they make one for the Kraton that uses a different design where that add a piece right to the rear of the chassis, and the part that attached the skid plate to the truck, holds on to that. Similar to the XV4 2.0 Kraton front bumper I used. Looking into it now. Thanks for the info and the pics.

What's it matter when you land nose first every time, lol ?
And that’s not why my skid plate and bumper breaks it’s a junk part I’ve broke both front and rear twice that’s a weak point in my truck if I landed nose first every time I’d break more then a skid plate lol

I do wish some aftermarket company would release a front skid overlay sort of like the picture below. Then you can retain the stock bumper that fits the lines of the stock out outcast and notorious body. RPM's curved bumper on the straight the straight body line would bug me. Even if it is a superior product.
the t bone tbr xv4 goes nice with the front of the truck with superior protection. Two bars are in front of the grill but its better than what my truck would look like without it after a few packs...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back