Notorious First bash with Notorious...broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running 6s in my Kraton since July and I use an Arrma pinion. Same with my Notorious and Typhon. I guess I'm getting lucky!
It's not luck....She is looking out for you.
1549050167402.png

Maybe they upgraded the strength of the pinion on current version as well. Just look through how many threads here have included pinion discussion due to broken pinion day 1.

My Notorious jumps perfectly... It just falls out of the sky like a ton of bricks...
Must be the angle of the ramp:D You get it right? I'm in trouble again aren't I.

lol... its all the heavy parts that im taking off it asap.
I'm not sure why, but my outcast always sounded like it lands harder than my buddy who ran a v2 talion. He ran 6S and would air that thing out much higher than me, but when he landed, it didn't make a loud thump like mine does from 3-4 feet less of altitude. Maybe I land more flat than he typically did and the longer chassis would spread the load out a bit more... don't know, but was odd. Mine sounds like a dump truck doing a bunny hop.

I'm not sure why, but my outcast always sounded like it lands harder than my buddy who ran a v2 talion. He ran 6S and would air that thing out much higher than me, but when he landed, it didn't make a loud thump like mine does from 3-4 feet less of altitude. Maybe I land more flat than he typically did and the longer chassis would spread the load out a bit more... don't know, but was odd. Mine sounds like a dump truck doing a bunny hop.
i know the sound you speak of, the bunny hop part!

I have a LWB with a talion chassis.. mine still lands hard.. i think its the wheels and parts i have... Im going back to backflips and all plastic.. gonna see what happens..

I have a LWB with a talion chassis.. mine still lands hard.. i think its the wheels and parts i have... Im going back to backflips and all plastic.. gonna see what happens..
My buddy and I both run the same wheels/tires, proline trencher 3.8's. Also, he runs dual gensacearespammers 5000mah 3S1P packs while I run dual 7400 SMC 2S2P packs. Not sure if his packs are any heavier/lighter than what I run. Mine are shorter, but stack up taller than his.

Actually, from what I can find, his are 373g per pack and mine are 341g.

My buddy and I both run the same wheels/tires, proline trencher 3.8's. Also, he runs dual gensacearespammers 5000mah 3S1P packs while I run dual 7400 SMC 2S2P packs. Not sure if his packs are any heavier/lighter than what I run. Mine are shorter, but stack up taller than his.

Actually, from what I can find, his are 373g per pack and mine are 341g.

the talion is just a jump whore... no two ways about it...

Its light... did you see that vid i posted of me jumping it after the outcast?

Its light... did you see that vid i posted of me jumping it after the outcast?
How is it any lighter than the outcast. It's longer. Has the same drive train/bulks. Maybe the towers differ some. Or is there a lot more thats different to make it weigh less?

Sorry... totally chooching this thread.

the body is way lighter... Idk man.. i cant figure it out either... The talion is just nimble when jumping.... maybe its the low towers.. idk..??

I really wish Arrma would have designed this so that we could remove the wing mount completely. This wing mount has seriously got to be the stupidest design I have ever seen.
Check out the parts used on the 6S senton rear shock tower. It's made to delete the rear wing mount and hold the rear chassis brace in place. It's an option if you want to delete your wing using stock parts.
20190203_023256.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the parts used on the 6S senton rear shock tower. It's made to delete the rear wing mount and hold the rear chassis brace in place. It's an option if you want to delete your wing using stock parts.View attachment 28855
Dude I completely forgot the Senton didn't have a wing. Thanks.

RPM does make a front skid. I have one on my outcast that bolted right on. The outcast and notorious are the same truck. As for the rear, you should have went with the t-bone rear skid and wheelie bar combo. That helps a lot with breaking the wing mount. From what I read when I first got my outcast was that people kept the mount, but removed the wing as it just added leverage. I'm still on my stock wing mount, but I removed the wing and added the tbone rear skid/wheelie bar. Been running it hard since last July 2018.

As for your horrible steering, check your servo saver as the nut on that likes to walk down the post and then you lose all your steering. Using plumbers tape on that will help. I just put red locktite on mine this weekend as the blue gel loctite stopped working. Also, stock oil in the center diff tends to cause the front tires to unload. Might want to up the weight to 200K oil, stock is 100K. I run 500K.

If you do take the front end apart to mess with the servo saver, get some bearings to replace the bushings in the steering posts. They get sloppy over time and bearings just work better.

As for the suspension, I'm still trying to find a happy medium with mine. The shocks come with 1000 cst oil in them, which is roughly associated 80wt. For my shocks, I've removed half the stock oil and added associated 2K to fill them up. That combined with screwing the shock collars down seems to work ok for me. Flat pan chassis trucks are meant to slap the ground. If you go too stiff with oil/springs, you just break shock shafts, rod ends and upper mounting bolts.

Check out my latest bash video here to see what the stuff I listed above does, skip to the second half as I run at a different park with bigger jumps:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/first-bash-videos-of-the-year-2019-01-05.9278

I only run 4S with a top speed around 42mph I believe. I run a 15T pinion and proline trencher 3.8's which are a hair taller than the stock tires.
Do you know what was the first year Arrma made the

Notorious ?​

Notorious ?​

Either late 2018 or early 2019. I have the v1 manual downloaded and it has 01/14/2019 as the timestamp. I don't believe it existed when I got my outcast in July 2018.

Appears it was on their site after December 22 2018. First time I see it on "wayback" archive is 12/28/2018:
https://web.archive.org/web/20181222110509/https://www.arrma-rc.com/

It says Dec 22, but the one I clicked on was 12/28/2018:
2021-1217-wayBack-notoriousFirstOnArrmaSite-12-28-2018.jpg

Last edited:
Either late 2018 or early 2019. I have the v1 manual downloaded and it has 01/14/2019 as the timestamp. I don't believe it existed when I got my outcast in July 2018.

Appears it was on their site after December 22 2018. First time I see it on "wayback" archive is 12/28/2018:
https://web.archive.org/web/20181222110509/https://www.arrma-rc.com/

It says Dec 22, but the one I clicked on was 12/28/2018:
2021-1217-wayBack-notoriousFirstOnArrmaSite-12-28-2018.jpg

Notorious ?​

I thank you !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back