Outcast First Bash With OEXB……. Similar To The Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
This was the first Bash with the Outcast(stock diff oils) and it didn’t feel too different to the Kraton I run. That car has Yeti XL tyres on it, 16/46 gearing, Locked centre diff with the BLX combo on it. More run time on the Max6 system but there wasn’t too much of a power difference IMO. The EXB diffs do feel smoother.

I did strip out a wheel. That was my bad as i didn’t tighten down the wheel nuts before the bash. Cheers to @Kim for the solution.
I used screws to shape the plastic to the hex and then a flame to mould the plastic into place. After cooling I removed the screws.
The cars been up and down the street with no issues. I reckon she’ll hold.

74BBD52F-78B7-49C8-A51D-34027D5D9276.jpeg

D64A884D-63C9-46ED-9BAD-934395EBC993.jpeg

5E375A62-A7A3-433B-8431-744DD335BCDE.jpeg

Locked center diff takes away the 'stunt' from a stunt truck. It's born to make wheelies, and you've killed it ;)
It's all good as it's your rig, and you tune as you like, but don't be surprised that it handles like any other car when you mod it to act like it.

Great idea with the wheel repair, you can also use grub screws, they are lighter.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-easily-revive-chewed-wheel-hexes.27949/page-2

I use a combo of hard epoxy, and grub screws.

Locked center diff takes away the 'stunt' from a stunt truck. It's born to make wheelies, and you've killed it ;)
It's all good as it's your rig, and you tune as you like, but don't be surprised that it handles like any other car when you mod it to act like it.

Great idea with the wheel repair, you can also use grub screws, they are lighter.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-easily-revive-chewed-wheel-hexes.27949/page-2

I use a combo of hard epoxy, and grub screws.
As I said in the OP I’m running the stock fluids in the Outcast for now. I locked the Kratons centre diff.
If I was to lock the centre diff in the Outcast it wouldn’t just do more wheelies…….. It would do standing backflips too, so I’m not sure where you’re going with that point of killing the stunt truck by locking the diff.
A locked diff in a Kraton is ok as it has a LWB but with the Outcast, you would be forever flipping the car over onto its lid and doing more walking than bashing. The Novelty of the standing backflips would eventually wear off.

After I used the torch to melt the plastic into shape there was no need for screws in the wheel. There’s enough factors that contribute to wheel wobble without having metal in them too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back