Outcast First bash with the outcast, 4s & 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanddy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I took my outcast out for a quick bash yesterday. These are so much fun even though I was mostly on the flat.
My buddy had his Talion out at the same, also the first bash for him.
Both trucks are bone stock, I'm running a Zippy compact 6200mah 40c 4s pack and he is running 2 x turnigy heavy duty 4000mah 3s in his. I did borrow his packs for a couple of minutes to see what 6s is like. . . . a complete wheelie monster :)

I got a couple videos but my camera is a bit out of focus so they aren't the best, worth a watch though.

What did you think of the Tailon? I love the look of it.

The unintentional backflips from the Outcast on 6S would annoy me. I wonder if that can be tuned out or if it's all about throttle control.

What did you think of the Tailon? I love the look of it.

The unintentional backflips from the Outcast on 6S would annoy me. I wonder if that can be tuned out or if it's all about throttle control.

The talion is an amazing bit of kit, I wanted a kraton to begin with but ended up getting the outcast due to stock issues in the UK.
I'd have a talion any day though, as well as my outcast.

The outcast is manageable even on 6s but getting it off the line fast it can be tricky keeping the front end down.
I'm sure adjusting the punch setting would help that but it wouldn't be as fun.

The outcast is good for doing front flips.

The talion is an amazing bit of kit, I wanted a kraton to begin with but ended up getting the outcast due to stock issues in the UK.
I'd have a talion any day though, as well as my outcast.

The outcast is manageable even on 6s but getting it off the line fast it can be tricky keeping the front end down.
I'm sure adjusting the punch setting would help that but it wouldn't be as fun.

The outcast is good for doing front flips.

@Tanndy, you mentioned you originally wanted a Kraton but said that you'd have the Talion any day with the Outcast.

I have the Outcast but want to pick up a Kraton or Talion as well.

Would you take the Talion over the Kraton as a second basher?

@Tanndy, you mentioned you originally wanted a Kraton but said that you'd have the Talion any day with the Outcast.

I have the Outcast but want to pick up a Kraton or Talion as well.

Would you take the Talion over the Kraton as a second basher?

As I've never had a shot of a Kraton I couldn't say for sure, I prefer the look of the kraton over the Talion as I think the shell and bigger wheels look mean.
I'm not sure if the tyres on the kraton are any good but I know for sure the ones on the Talion are amazing on most surfaces.

I think it really comes down to what one you like the look of most as they are almost identical under the shell.

As I've never had a shot of a Kraton I couldn't say for sure, I prefer the look of the kraton over the Talion as I think the shell and bigger wheels look mean.
I'm not sure if the tyres on the kraton are any good but I know for sure the ones on the Talion are amazing on most surfaces.

I think it really comes down to what one you like the look of most as they are almost identical under the shell.

Thanks for your comments. Yeah always personal preference of course. Same as you, I prefer the look of the Kraton over the Talion but I can get a Talion for $100 less that a Kraton right now so might go that route. Can always add bigger tires to the Talion, and bodies don't tend to last that long anyways!

Thanks for your comments. Yeah always personal preference of course. Same as you, I prefer the look of the Kraton over the Talion but I can get a Talion for $100 less that a Kraton right now so might go that route. Can always add bigger tires to the Talion, and bodies don't tend to last that long anyways!

No problem buddy.
I wouldn't pass up on that deal, use the $100 to get the bigger wheels and tyres and if you wanted to you could get the extended hexxes then you will basically have yourself a kraton with a talion shell.

I had thought about getting the kraton/talion chassis, rear brace and rear shaft to make an extended outcast but it would cost about £150 and I'm quite happy with it the way it is just now, if I ever bend the chassis I'll more than likely replace it with the kraton one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back