Senton First battery pack/first run on my new Senton...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COJeepRenegade

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I just charged up an Ovonics battery, put some fresh AAs in the transmitter, peeled the plastic off the body, and put everything in my Jeep. I found an empty parking lot, and decided that was the place.

Transmitter on, car on, set steering trim, and away we go.

Wow. This thing has some torque. It spits rocks at me when I get on the throttle. It's also pretty tailhappy in a paved parking lot with a thin coating of gravel on top. I took my time learning the car for a few minutes, then started working on figuring out throttle and opposite lock to slide around corners. There was admittedly some unfortunate front bumper to curb contact, but the truck bounced back (literally) and kept going (Arrma tough!).

After putzing around the parking lot for a while, I realized I was still on the 50% throttle setting. I bumped it to 75%, and was instantly rewarded with even more spitting gravel, harder powerslides, and huge wheelspin. I grinned bigger and bigger each time I hit the throttle, and even lined up for a few top speed runs across the parking lot. Try as I might, I was only able to put the shiny side down once or twice. The center of gravity is low, the motor is strong, the steering is quick, and this truck is a ton of fun.

But... wait. This is only the 75% setting.

With no small amount of trepidation, I clicked the switch over to the 100% setting.

HOLY #%$! This is 3s power?!?! That little truck rocketed across the parking lot, careening out of control. Just as it headed for another curb at the fastest speed it had achieved that day... the battery died. It began to coast and ever so gently kissed the curb. Now I'm scared to drive my new, as-yet-untested Kraton 6s (at least until I get some EXB bumpers and braces on it).

Seriously, the Senton is fun. It ran for about 30 minutes on the 50% and 75% settings on an Ovonics 3s battery. I wished I'd brought a second battery with me, and also that I could find a dirt track and some jumps. My only complaint on the day was the amount of gravel that the truck picked up. When the battery died, I walked across the empty parking lot to retrieve it, and for the entire walk back, gravel, pine needles, and dirt fell out of the truck. However, because the body covers the wheels, I feel like this is par for the course when driving a short course truck, and not indicative of a design flaw.

Finally, I have to say that the SC truck was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I bought it just to have something different to run when I tire of my monster trucks. After driving it today, I could see it becoming my main. In fact, I may want a Mojave before an 8s Notorious now... or even a 3s Typhon. (?!) And I have to say that I never had this much fun with my TA MT10 or my Traxxas MERV.

I just charged up an Ovonics battery, put some fresh AAs in the transmitter, peeled the plastic off the body, and put everything in my Jeep. I found an empty parking lot, and decided that was the place.

Transmitter on, car on, set steering trim, and away we go.

Wow. This thing has some torque. It spits rocks at me when I get on the throttle. It's also pretty tailhappy in a paved parking lot with a thin coating of gravel on top. I took my time learning the car for a few minutes, then started working on figuring out throttle and opposite lock to slide around corners. There was admittedly some unfortunate front bumper to curb contact, but the truck bounced back (literally) and kept going (Arrma tough!).

After putzing around the parking lot for a while, I realized I was still on the 50% throttle setting. I bumped it to 75%, and was instantly rewarded with even more spitting gravel, harder powerslides, and huge wheelspin. I grinned bigger and bigger each time I hit the throttle, and even lined up for a few top speed runs across the parking lot. Try as I might, I was only able to put the shiny side down once or twice. The center of gravity is low, the motor is strong, the steering is quick, and this truck is a ton of fun.

But... wait. This is only the 75% setting.

With no small amount of trepidation, I clicked the switch over to the 100% setting.

HOLY #%$! This is 3s power?!?! That little truck rocketed across the parking lot, careening out of control. Just as it headed for another curb at the fastest speed it had achieved that day... the battery died. It began to coast and ever so gently kissed the curb. Now I'm scared to drive my new, as-yet-untested Kraton 6s (at least until I get some EXB bumpers and braces on it).

Seriously, the Senton is fun. It ran for about 30 minutes on the 50% and 75% settings on an Ovonics 3s battery. I wished I'd brought a second battery with me, and also that I could find a dirt track and some jumps. My only complaint on the day was the amount of gravel that the truck picked up. When the battery died, I walked across the empty parking lot to retrieve it, and for the entire walk back, gravel, pine needles, and dirt fell out of the truck. However, because the body covers the wheels, I feel like this is par for the course when driving a short course truck, and not indicative of a design flaw.

Finally, I have to say that the SC truck was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I bought it just to have something different to run when I tire of my monster trucks. After driving it today, I could see it becoming my main. In fact, I may want a Mojave before an 8s Notorious now... or even a 3s Typhon. (?!) And I have to say that I never had this much fun with my TA MT10 or my Traxxas MERV.
That's the downside to short course trucks, the bodies deflect all the crap into the chassis so you end up with a chassis full of rocks, grass, leaves sticks ect. Simple fix is to make a chassis cover out of nylons.

Last edited:
My first Arrma was the Senton 3s BLX. I now own the Kraton EXB and the Felony.
I will always love the pure power and drive of the little 1/10 beast.

I just bought a Senton 6s on eBay and have been looking for over 3 months. I was prepared to pay up to $500 and it was available for $400 so I jumped on the opportunity.

U got that one the other day right!? My buddy and I were gonna grab it but we got em already and wanted to let someone else enjoy the madness lol

U got that one the other day right!? My buddy and I were gonna grab it but we got em already and wanted to let someone else enjoy the madness lol
That would be me. :)
Thank you so much for sharing the love.

As mentioned, I've been searching for 3 months. In fact, when I bought my Senton 3s BLX I was considering the 6s and opted to pass since it was my first RC. I've learned so much since that day and now I've torn down vehicles, built vehicles, and comfortable getting my hands dirty (greasy) and prepared to fix and upgrade anything. The Senton 6s is a classic in my opinion.

The senton is an animal. Can be a back yard basher or a street monster! The one thing I love bout the 6s line is most of the main parts are interchangeable! Very easy to work on too!!
my buddy @Ivgot2manyRC has a senton that’ll do 100 easily!! He’s the eBay master too!! If you’re ever looking for a specific item he is the one to contact! We find rare stuff all the time and share! Plz post pics when it arrives. That body is one of the rarest for the 6s senton. I’ve got the other one the green n black. U might wanna put that body on the shelf and grab a beater body for it cuz you’re in for some serious fun and bashing and breaking and repairing lol.

I’m sooooo glad someone grabbed that senton on here!!! I’m constantly catching them being posted on eBay because I stay on top of eBay newly listed lol but I didn’t need another one. Trust me I had it in my cart 3 times!!!! Mainly cause that body on that one was so sweet!! Red white and blue!!! if ya ever wanna get rid of that body let me know I’ll make it worth it :)
Here’s my senton on xo-1 wheels
And the other one belong to @MFM he just has too make the trip from NY ➡️ PA too pick it up!!! Looking forward to some building and bashing!!!
22CEDBD4-A3DD-4644-BD8E-CA86C04B58A2.jpeg
F6A299FF-298C-49CC-A08E-6DB46E4A2647.jpeg
D7C0517B-435B-4544-ADDB-90D35B3D1571.jpeg
85F640CB-BC4D-4476-AA31-874000B7F93F.jpeg
My fleet is growing!!! New Mojave arriving this week... As well as a Upgraded typhon roller I grabbed for 150$ I love eBay :)
C0330282-B1D2-4D85-8CE8-EBD54B86FB44.jpeg

always finding deals. And I’m more than happy to share if you’re looking for something used in good shape, but don’t have the time or skills to catch all those deals that go real fast. Just let me know I’ll send you all that I find for whatever you’re looking for. Just like @MFM said!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back