Kraton First build…..first build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the power module assembled.....using a Dumbo RC 6 ch tx / rx
16343615186661596679488427078353.jpg

What made you switch to the Dumbo over the Tactic? Or am I thinking of another thread??? It’s happened before! LOL

What made you switch to the Dumbo over the Tactic? Or am I thinking of another thread??? It’s happened before! LOL
The receiver would not bind....bought used.....came with 326 rx, which has been known to be finicky.

Once I realized what the problem was, and realized the price of a 325 rx, which has a reputation of being easy to bind and reliable, was, with shipping, $10 or so less than the Dumbo ( with no guarantee that it would work if the tx was bad), I just went with the Dumbo....

The Tactic is highly regarded, I just got a lemon....

Even though I could install the power module without complication at this point in time, I have decided to remove the center gearbox and do a service on the center Diff , making sure it is topped out with 20,000,000
image.jpg
and use red Loctite on the center Diff

1635642420147624668109144536782.jpg

Finally, I tried my hand at soldering for the first time in my life. Thank goodness for the wire covers!

I know that they are securely attached. I know they will not win any beauty awards, but that's not what I'm after. Nice to have this stage done and now I can proceed further

Yeah the shear size and weight never come across until you see one in person, could barley get it into the car To take it home.

View attachment 177052

Finally, I tried my hand at soldering for the first time in my life. Thank goodness for the wire covers!

I know that they are securely attached. I know they will not win any beauty awards, but that's not what I'm after. Nice to have this stage done and now I can proceed further
Those connectors are no joke! They need lots of heat to solder. 👍

Those connectors are no joke! They need lots of heat to solder. 👍
Yeah I found that out. The iron I have seems to have decent power, it does have an adjustable dial on it to raise or lower the temperature. I had to crank up the heat, that’s for sure. The QS8s and the 10 gauge wire need a lot of heat, that’s for sure
Following
If you have any questions, let me know. If you need or want more pictures just let me know and I’ll put them on

Waiting on the Loctite to cure and I just received my charge cables in the mail today so, next event is charge up the batteries and go for a test run!!!!!!

image.jpg

I bought another body from Jenny’s, they had an orange one and I’m giving it the treatment with drywall tape and shoe goo. It will be the basher body while the black body that came with the car will be the shelf body…..

You're mentality is like mine...spares are a good thing.
I just think the black body is so cool. Just my opinion. So I decided to splurge, I got the orange body from Jenny’s RC, it was $20 less than the EXB body so, I am getting it ready with shoe goo and drywall tape.

I just picked up a Notorious body for my Kraton from Jenny's. Let the modding begin :)
I have to admit, those bodies look really super cool for the Notorious. Armma did a top-notch job in their design! Don’t know which I like better the red or the black on that one!

Let me know what you need to do to the notorious body to make it work. I may try to do something like that on this project.. Just let me know your ways to succeed in that matter….. that would be cool!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back