Kraton First build…..first build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Ok folks……this project will take some time……first…..for today….this arrived…

this is just the start.....just got home after 12 hr shift.....have another 12 tomorrow.......is K8S EXB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devilish::giggle::p:cool:(y)

image.jpg

thanks @joostin420 !! Just arrived today!!!!!!

Nice job, glad you got one after 16 pages :ROFLMAO:!
Yeah…..it was an adventure…….I wanted to make an informed decision!
whats with all the dramatic pauses?
Being surrounded by drama as a nurse doing 12 hour shifts…..I guess it tries to rub off on me……

Thats why I never ever watch those popular medical drama shows on TV….
You finally got one 👍🏻😎
Since Megatron isn’t for sale, and it’s not December yet…🤪

Yeah…..it was an adventure…….I wanted to make an informed decision!

Being surrounded by drama as a nurse doing 12 hour shifts…..I guess it tries to rub off on me……
oh your a nurse...
thank for all that you have done...
even before the pandemic came to be...

image.jpg

it will never be this clean ever again…..

I include the tape measure just to help anyone who’s never seen something quite like this to realize how big this thing is.

also, from the start this is my first build, one person gave some advice that I am holding to I’m going to keep it simple. For many of you who have done builds before this is going to be painfully easy and simple, but there’s a reason for that. It’s the first time I’ve done this and I am shooting for success…..

this build thread will be specifically geared towards those who have never done a build, and maybe even feel that it might be more than they want to tackle. So please bear with me……

But for everyone, thank you for helping me get to this point, and for going along for the ride!

Last edited:
Not in the picture is the tried and trusted Tactic TTX 300 transmitter and receiver that will be used in K8.....
Also....CNHL had a sale on 8000mAh 4S......ordered 2..
On the bottom is the QS8 connections that anyone doing 8S may want to look into, and....

Just arrived !!
16333830460069075513256546211584.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

so one of the first things we get to do is put together the power module. The servo that I chose fits into the larger of the two supplied servo holder bodies. Notice the servo power wire goes into the adjacent receiver box and plugs into channel one of the receiver. The hobby wing Max5 has a different bolt pattern than what is supplied on the EXB, but thanks to our friends at M2C, There is an adapter plate that is specially made to attach this speed control for this application.

Before we go any further I think it’s time to do some comparisons, shall we? Here is my current lineup and you get to see the size difference between the Kraton 8s, Mojave and Senton

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Hobbywing Max5 compared to the BLX 100….

image.jpg

Max5 compared to Firma 150

image.jpg

1100 kv Hobbywing vs 2050kv Firma

image.jpg

and yes why not……

image.jpg

Even though they are not attached to each other yet this is what the max five looks like on top of the M2C
plate on top of the power module plate…..

image.jpg

and in a few steps……

image.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to attach the motor plate, in front of the motor is the 35 tooth pinion that will mesh with the 47 tooth spur gear……. Also the speed control attached to the adapter plate and attached to the power module plate

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back