Granite First couple upgrades for Arrma Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spady

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone, I'm new to forum. I have a arrma granite 550, what's first couple of upgrades to do first. Thanks.

Don’t upgrade it. Keep it as a spare rig, return it, sell it, hand it down to a kid, whatever you want. Just don’t sink good money in that pit. Grab a BLX and save time and money.

Hello everyone, I'm new to forum. I have a arrma granite 550, what's first couple of upgrades to do first. Thanks.

i don’t know why everyone dislikes the Mega version of the cars, I own a senton mega since November last year and I’m having a blast with it, everything is holding on really well despite me crashing it and jumping it, it’s my first hobby grade rc and it’s great for me, sure the blx are way faster and comes with some upgrade parts but as I said mine is holding up very well, the only issues has been the leaky shocks but even the 4s line has that problem and I replaced the o ring and put ticker oil on them and so far so good, as other users say I wouldn’t put much money into it only replace what’s broken and save up for a better one down the line but until then enjoy it!

i don’t know why everyone dislikes the Mega version of the cars, I own a senton mega since November last year and I’m having a blast with it, everything is holding on really well despite me crashing it and jumping it, it’s my first hobby grade rc and it’s great for me, sure the blx are way faster and comes with some upgrade parts but as I said mine is holding up very well, the only issues has been the leaky shocks but even the 4s line has that problem and I replaced the o ring and put ticker oil on them and so far so good, as other users say I wouldn’t put much money into it only replace what’s broken and save up for a better one down the line but until then enjoy it!
Because the Mega motors usually burn up on 2S in a few packs. The drivetrain is also weaker so it all has to be upgraded as soon as you buy a brushless system. The links are all non adjustable. The motor mount won’t support brushless, neither will the slipper. Or the diffs, or the input gears, or the hexes, and on and on and on.

Because the Mega motors usually burn up on 2S in a few packs. The drivetrain is also weaker so it all has to be upgraded as soon as you buy a brushless system. The links are all non adjustable. The motor mount won’t support brushless, neither will the slipper. Or the diffs, or the input gears, or the hexes, and on and on and on.
Yeah that’s why everyone including me say that he shouldn’t put much money or upgrades into it, also I forgot to mention that I don’t use mine with lipos so that probably why my motor is as good as the first day

Yeah that’s why everyone including me say that he shouldn’t put much money or upgrades into it, also I forgot to mention that I don’t use mine with lipos so that probably why my motor is as good as the first day
Oh so you use them as a crawler ??✌?

I have a mega granite as my back garden basher and it's perfect.I have brush less trucks but they are way to fast for my garden and would e unusable so I bought the mega.Very happy with it.Jumps nice and level and so far I haven't broken anything on it.

I agree with you all that but why you you think the motor mount won't support a brushless motor?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure it all depends on how you drive it, pinion size, motor size, but probably sooner or later. That or the holes start to widen slightly by the torque and your mesh gets out of whack.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure it all depends on how you drive it, pinion size, motor size, but probably sooner or later. That or the holes start to widen slightly by the torque and your mesh gets out of whack.

ok thanks. I've got a spare aluminium mount(3s or 4s can't remember) on standby anyway.

Arrma makes four motor plates; Mega standard and adjustable, BLX standard and adjustable. The Mega are cast. The BLX are billet aluminum.

Yep I knew that much thanks. Was just interested to know why the plastic one wouldn't support the brushless motor but now I do. Was thinking the plastic one would be better as I know the aluminium mounts send to bend. Plastic being more elastic and all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back