First Data Log K8s with MMX 8s and 2028 sensored

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Hi All, Got my Castle setup installed here is my first street speed run, can someone who knows this stuff take a look and give some advice on changing the setup?

I'm running Zeee 4s 9000mah batts, 34P/34S gearing (1:1), Duratrax bandito X's, and it GPS'd at 56.2 mph, i kinda feel like it should be better than that.

@robert@castle Any thoughts? thanks for your input on here lately.

1586909756290.png

Hi All, Got my Castle setup installed here is my first street speed run, can someone who knows this stuff take a look and give some advice on changing the setup?

I'm running Zeee 4s 9000mah batts, 34P/34S gearing (1:1), Duratrax bandito X's, and it GPS'd at 56.2 mph, i kinda feel like it should be better than that.

@robert@castle Any thoughts? thanks for your input on here lately.

View attachment 74902
Well it says you only got to 22k rpm. That would be a good reason. Your 1:1 gearing is holding you back, IMO.

Well it says you only got to 22k rpm. That would be a good reason. Your 1:1 gearing is holding you back, IMO.
It only pulled 132 amps, I would have thought that should be higher, It also looks like rpm was still increasing, so probably backed out of it too soon.

It only pulled 132 amps, I would have thought that should be higher, It also looks like rpm was still increasing, so probably backed out of it too soon.
That would be my guess. How much ground did you cover? You can use Google maps to calculate if you know the area you ran at.

800kv*28volts=22400rpm

different gearing my man. Your motor is maxed out on RPM.
Thanks man, yeah I totally disregarded the max RPM at the voltage dip, I was thinking I should have gotten to around 25000.

So maybe longer distance it could have increased rpm due to the voltage going back up.

It was just a test in my neighborhood, and more just curious to understand the logs and such.

I will say the acceleration and power delivery of the sensored setup is so smooth, I had the Max5/56113 800kv in it prior and it seems faster but probably because the acceleration was much more violent, this setup so smooth it seemed to be going slower.

I'll get my cap pack wired in and also try it with my 4 batt setup to see if that lets it hold voltage better, if that works then I can try overgearing it for the heck of it.

I sure wish Castle had a 2028 equivalent in about 1100kv.

Thanks man, yeah I totally disregarded the max RPM at the voltage dip, I was thinking I should have gotten to around 25000.

So maybe longer distance it could have increased rpm due to the voltage going back up.

It was just a test in my neighborhood, and more just curious to understand the logs and such.

I will say the acceleration and power delivery of the sensored setup is so smooth, I had the Max5/56113 800kv in it prior and it seems faster but probably because the acceleration was much more violent, this setup so smooth it seemed to be going slower.

I'll get my cap pack wired in and also try it with my 4 batt setup to see if that lets it hold voltage better, if that works then I can try overgearing it for the heck of it.

Ripple was very low so a cap pack isn’t gonna do much ??

Yeah running different packs or adding a capacitor won’t do anything. Don’t look at your chart. Simply calculate 4 volts per cell times the number of cells(8)you have=32 total voltz. Also your battery pack probably says 14.4, or something in that range on each pack.
Go with the more conservative 28voltz.
Check out @gotnitro build page. He used an 800kv motor I believe and hit over 70mph with a 55t pinion on 12s.

Last edited:
Yeah running different packs or adding a capacitor won’t do anything. Don’t look at your chart. Simply calculate 4 volts per cell times the number of cells(8)you have=28 total voltz. Also your battery pack probably says 14.4, or something in that range on each pack.
I’m not sure why your graph shows you had 32voltz available at one point, but I wouldn’ttrust that number. Go with the more conservative 28voltz.
Check out @gotnitro build page. He used an 800kv motor I believe and hit over 70mph with a 55t pinion on 12s.
Because a full cell is 4.2v and 8S is 33.6v. Unless you have a load pulling it down, it’s gonna show the full voltage before the run.

Because a full cell is 4.2v and 8S is 33.6v. Unless you have a load pulling it down, it’s gonna show the full voltage before the run.
I understand that, and it was full charge before I ran it, So also this run was probably only 250 yards so it got up to speed very quickly.

I primarily bash, this was just something I was curious about looking at.

I understand that, and it was full charge before I ran it, So also this run was probably only 250 yards so it got up to speed very quickly.

Yeah for a normal speed run I’m looking 1/4 mile minimum. At least 750 ft from middle to the start. And who knows on the finish side. I keep pushing the boundaries there. Working on improving my radio range.

[/QUOTE]

It got to the point of "WHY" for me.. I ran a 55t hockey puck pinion on 12s and it went fast but it went into LVC, that ESC was pulling more than the batteries could put out. I ended up really enjoying a 38t on 8s or 12s. Plenty fast and plenty of torque. Plus, my temps are within my liking. I don't think the motor gets over 130 on 12s and that BP doesn't get over 100. It's starting to grow on me as one of my favorite all time "MT's"

It got to the point of "WHY" for me.. I ran a 55t hockey puck pinion on 12s and it went fast but it went into LVC, that ESC was pulling more than the batteries could put out. I ended up really enjoying a 38t on 8s or 12s. Plenty fast and plenty of torque. Plus, my temps are within my liking. I don't think the motor gets over 130 on 12s and that BP doesn't get over 100. It's starting to grow on me as one of my favorite all time "MT's"

yeah, I'm not looking to try and speed run it (I'll leave that to Mark Cole on the FB group, he is approaching a 100mph on 8s), I just want to learn more about the logging and understand what it was doing.

If I wanted to see more speed, I would drop in my HW 5692 1100kv with NTF fan, that would probably make more sense to try vs this 800kv Castle monster.

@gotnitro what spur with that 38P for your bashing success?

yeah, I'm not looking to try and speed run it (I'll leave that to Mark Cole on the FB group, he is approaching a 100mph on 8s), I just want to learn more about the logging and understand what it was doing.

If I wanted to see more speed, I would drop in my HW 5692 1100kv with NTF fan, that would probably make more sense to try vs this 800kv Castle monster.

@gotnitro what spur with that 38P for your bashing success?

See, the problem with that guy almost to 100 is that's all that thing can do. Cant bash that motor and gearing.. Just the stock spur @ 56 MPH 8s to 63 MPH 12s on a 38T is good enough for me. Plenty of earth moving power with those badlands. Those things will rip up lawns, not too happy with myself right now from a rippage last weekend.

See, the problem with that guy almost to 100 is that's all that thing can do. Cant bash that motor and gearing.. Just the stock spur @ 56 MPH 8s to 63 MPH 12s on a 38T is good enough for me. Plenty of earth moving power with those badlands. Those things will rip up lawns, not too happy with myself right now from a rippage last weekend.
Imagine putting an FPV on that sucker and giving lawn jobs to the asshole neighbors down the block ???

Imagine putting an FPV on that sucker and giving lawn jobs to the asshole neighbors down the block ???

:unsure:I could very well do that to a few!.. I'd have it installed backwards so you could see the rooster tail of lawn matter getting chewed up.. I'd have my wife or son drive me around the neighborhood while I'd be in the passenger side running it. This way I could get them all the same day:devilish:! See what you started you sick bastard!

:unsure:I could very well do that to a few!.. I'd have it installed backwards so you could see the rooster tail of lawn matter getting chewed up.. I'd have my wife or son drive me around the neighborhood while I'd be in the passenger side running it. This way I could get them all the same day:devilish:! See what you started you sick bastard!
You forgot the drone footage, but I like your style ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back