Mojave First ever build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCnoob21

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
Hey All, I know it’s cheating but I’ve decided I’m going to get the Mojave roller. Mind you, i just bought my first ever hobby grade RC (I swear it’s for my son) not even a month ago and I haven’t even needed to adjust anything yet, so I’m very inexperienced. Here’s what I’ve looked at possibly getting, for the remaining needed parts:

Steering Servo: AGF A80BHSW
ESC: Spektrum Firma 150A brushless smart
Motor: Spektrum 2050kv sensorless brushless
Transmitter: Spektrum DX5C
Receiver: Spektrum SR6100AT

Is there anything you suggest subsituting out? With what? Why? Any suggestions for additional cooling? Also, where can you find custom bodies? I’d love to find a muscle car or old truck body…I’m already shopping for a future on-road build.

Thanks in advance,

Lars

I don't have any experience with the spectrum esc but I have seen a lot of bad things on here with them dying really fast. But I'm sure there are plenty of people with no problems at all. For motor I would do a hobbystar 4092 1730kv over the spectrum one. Or something else similar to it. A hobbywing max 6 esc is what most people do for rollers because it's stronger than the spectrum one.

I would shift the funds from the servo/receiver/radio to the Motor and ESC. Go with a Hobbywing MAX6 or Castle 1717 combo. Use a generic 25-35kg servo. If you're going to stick with Spektrum, I would just grab a takeoff SR315 receiver from Jenny's and forego the AVC / 6100AT.

I don't know of any alternate bodies. I've been looking for a year or so.

Let me know l know if you find something.

I would shift the funds from the servo/receiver/radio to the Motor and ESC. Go with a Hobbywing MAX6 or Castle 1717 combo. Use a generic 25-35kg servo. If you're going to stick with Spektrum, I would just grab a takeoff SR315 receiver from Jenny's and forego the AVC / 6100AT.
I had thought about the Max 6 motor/ESC combo. One of my issues is knowing what pairs easily with transmitters/receivers. I’ll keep looking. That’s mostly why I’m posting. I’ve heard the steering servo, motor &ESC are the main things to focus on getting a good quality

Depending on your budget. There are better quality items for less.

Radiolink RC6GS v2 ($80 on Amazon)
- great range and a lot of useful features. Can control multiple cars.

Servo: 35kg servo on Amazon for $35. It’s blue, worked good for me.

Spektrum 8S ESC/motor combo ($240 on Amazon)
- as other have mentioned hit or miss. I’ve been lucky as mine have worked out well except for 1 which was promptly refunded by Amazon.

Max6 ESC/motor combo ($280-$360)
- haven’t personally used but friends swear by it

Castle Creations MMX8 esc/combo ($360)
- this would be my choice. Data logging features, sensored motor, and handles a lot of amps

If you’re really set of getting the items you’ve listed I would suggest buying from Jenny’s RC and use code “JRC” to save some money.

Here is my Mojave build using Spektrum 160A esc and 1250kv motor.
2493E4D9-19C3-4F8C-B31B-76980E97A29A.jpeg

I don't have any experience with the spectrum esc but I have seen a lot of bad things on here with them dying really fast. But I'm sure there are plenty of people with no problems at all. For motor I would do a hobbystar 4092 1730kv over the spectrum one. Or something else similar to it. A hobbywing max 6 esc is what most people do for rollers because it's stronger than the spectrum one.
I have not had problems with the rtr Spektrum electronics, but I would go ahead and buy Castle or HW over the Spektrum we’re I starting from scratch…..just agreeing with you….
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yessir…..what @Engineer said…….makes the most of your $$$$$$$

Hey All, I know it’s cheating but I’ve decided I’m going to get the Mojave roller. Mind you, i just bought my first ever hobby grade RC (I swear it’s for my son) not even a month ago and I haven’t even needed to adjust anything yet, so I’m very inexperienced. Here’s what I’ve looked at possibly getting, for the remaining needed parts:

Steering Servo: AGF A80BHSW
ESC: Spektrum Firma 150A brushless smart
Motor: Spektrum 2050kv sensorless brushless
Transmitter: Spektrum DX5C
Receiver: Spektrum SR6100AT

Is there anything you suggest subsituting out? With what? Why? Any suggestions for additional cooling? Also, where can you find custom bodies? I’d love to find a muscle car or old truck body…I’m already shopping for a future on-road build.

Thanks in advance,

Lars
You will love the Mojave……there is a reason you don’t see many for sale in the Forum classifieds…..
they are tough as nails…..a blast to drive IMO…..not aware of any aftermarket bodies……

As far as cooling, I i’ve never had a real problem with that. I have the second version ready to run.. Just for some protection I made the I’m new to this mistake of buying a spectrum fan for the 2050kv. It was a mistake because there’s much better fans for about the same money. Someone else can give better info for that.

I would go with Hobbywing Max 6, 1650 kv….. tried and true, Dumbo Rc 6 ch rx/tx….($35)…..Amazon 35kv servo …. You could spend more, but……why?…...you wouldn’t see much, if any, difference….but in the end, whatever you do, you will like it

the Mojave is a beast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back