First few weeks with my Flysky G7p

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So a few weeks ago my wife bought me a Flysky G7p because she’s awesome like that. I’ve been using it extensively, and figured I’d give you guys the skinny on it. I’ll start with the bad.

I use one radio for all of my RC vehicles. I ordered 6 receivers for it, and you can only get them directly from china right now. I ordered two from one seller on Amazon, one from another seller, two from Banggood, and one from Walmart.com (believe it or not) just to see which arrived first. The one from Walmart is here, the rest are in different stages of shipment. Long story short, It takes forever to get receivers.

The steering wheel has no foam and feels cheap, on an otherwise premium feeling radio. I know it’s an easy fix through the aftermarket, but I had to mention it.

There isn’t a lot of info on the controls or menu system, you kinda have to feel it out and learn it on your own.

Now the good:

The display is backlit and very clear.

There are infinite adjustments and each menu is laid out to make it easy to use.

Range and reaction time is excellent. I’ve yet to see a glitch, and haven’t found the end of its range.

The controls themselves feel like they belong on a higher end radio. If the steering wheel were nicer, it would feel like a radio that cost $250+.

Binding is push button and effortless.

Bottom line? I love the radio, and very much enjoy using it. I hate waiting for receivers, but other than that, I’d highly recommend one to anyone who wants premium features for under $100. Id give it a 9 out of 10 due to its price and premium features and feel.
315654E5-CDB2-4514-9F6B-272B30B7DB82.jpeg

I've been eyeballing the Flysky GT5 before and more recently the G7 (but those DumboRc's are just so cheap and good:rolleyes:). I've heard someone say the two disadvantages of the GT5 are that it's relatively heavy and eats batteries.
How do you feel the G7 is doing in those two areas?

I've been eyeballing the Flysky GT5 before and more recently the G7 (but those DumboRc's are just so cheap and good:rolleyes:). I've heard someone say the two disadvantages of the GT5 are that it's relatively heavy and eats batteries.
How do you feel the G7 is doing in those two areas?
This thing is feather light, and I have not even dropped 1/8 of the battery according to the display. Not bad for a backlit radio that I play with constantly lol.

Thanks for the great review! Makes me want one. I just got a couple Radiolink R6’s and I like them and their functions and range, but they just look and feel cheap, cheap, cheap. I run individual radios on all my rigs because we sometimes have bash sessions with several people.
I noticed you had a replacement wheel on it. Is that a HR one? I‘ve been wondering if one of the adapters would fit my RadioLink, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great review! Makes me want one. I just got a couple Radiolink R6’s and I like them and their functions and range, but they just look and feel cheap, cheap, cheap. I run individual radios on all my rigs because we sometimes have bash sessions with several people.
I noticed you had a replacement wheel on it. Is that a HR one? I‘ve been wondering if one of the adapters would fit my RadioLink, too.
It’s just the foam off of an old radio stretches over the plastic lol. I have an aluminum one from yeah coming.

I got one of these and am really happy with it except one thing - if I'm using AA batteries, they don't contact the terminals on the the end with the nub sticking out (positive I think). I saw that in one person's review video too, I can't remember who - he soldered a blob onto the contact. I just shoved a crumpled hunk of Aluminum foil behind each just to be able to try it out, but that's a nightmare since I have to take them back to recharge. I tried standard duracells, just in case my NiMH rechargers were weird shape, but same problem. I paid a $15 premium to get it from amazon so I didn't have to wait or deal with china shipping if something like this happened, so I guess I'll try an exchange. Anyone else run into this?

Other than that it's great, and as much as I was happy with the dumbo, I'm up to 4 cars now and don't like toting all the controls around. Plus steering endpoint adjustment is fairly useful, and the LiPo voltage telemetry is sweet because I like to run mine to storage voltage on the last run of the day. And I just stretched the foam off one of my Arrma 3s radios and so far can't tell it didn't come that way. That blue one looks sweet though - going to have to do that.

If you're having issues with the battery compartment I'd suggest seeing if there is a port inside the compartment to connect a pack or if the AA holder is part of the controller or if is just being held in place. If it's not part of the controller see about adding something to connect a rechargeable pack of mod the compartment.

Just a suggestion.

If you're having issues with the battery compartment I'd suggest seeing if there is a port inside the compartment to connect a pack or if the AA holder is part of the controller or if is just being held in place. If it's not part of the controller see about adding something to connect a rechargeable pack of mod the compartment.

Just a suggestion.
I'd do that if it just broke or something, but brand new I'd like it to be able to run off AA's. Probably
So I got a replacement from amzn and it has the same issue. Very odd - maybe the same seller and same batch? idk - they are just plain duracells.

Anyway I took some small washers and shoved them in behind the plate that's supposed to contact the positive terminal. It pushes it towards the battery and now it all makes contact. I'll probably do the 2s thing at some point but this works for now.

Does the Flysky G7P come stock with SVC (stablity vehicle control I think it stand for; some other brands call it AVC)? According to information on Amazon, Banggood, Aliexpress it has SVC, but I’ve also read the receiver it comes with out of the box, the R7P (7 channel) receiver does not have SVC🤷‍♂️. This would mean you effectively can’t use SVC out of the box.
I can’t find any other info as to which G7P compatible receiver would have SVC.
Anyone knows?

Does the Flysky G7P come stock with SVC (stablity vehicle control I think it stand for; some other brands call it AVC)? According to information on Amazon, Banggood, Aliexpress it has SVC, but I’ve also read the receiver it comes with out of the box, the R7P (7 channel) receiver does not have SVC🤷‍♂️. This would mean you effectively can’t use SVC out of the box.
I can’t find any other info as to which G7P compatible receiver would have SVC.
Anyone knows?
I have no idea. I actually sold the radio so I can’t even check anything for you.

I'd do that if it just broke or something, but brand new I'd like it to be able to run off AA's. Probably
So I got a replacement from amzn and it has the same issue. Very odd - maybe the same seller and same batch? idk - they are just plain duracells.

Anyway I took some small washers and shoved them in behind the plate that's supposed to contact the positive terminal. It pushes it towards the battery and now it all makes contact. I'll probably do the 2s thing at some point but this works for now.
Just another followup. Just inside of 90 days now and my steering is flaking out. I can see the little indicator bar flicker up and down if you watch the steering channel. I thought it was my servo on a new crawler I just got - but it's doing it on all my cars (I have it all 5 of my cars now). Getting a replacement and crossing my fingers. Functionally I'm really happy with it though. I even got the little phone camera holder. Not very fancy by any means but feel reasonably secure for $15 or so.

Just another followup. Just inside of 90 days now and my steering is flaking out. I can see the little indicator bar flicker up and down if you watch the steering channel. I thought it was my servo on a new crawler I just got - but it's doing it on all my cars (I have it all 5 of my cars now). Getting a replacement and crossing my fingers. Functionally I'm really happy with it though. I even got the little phone camera holder. Not very fancy by any means but feel reasonably secure for $15 or so.
Since it's happening on all of your cars means it's the transmitter. I've had that issue on one of my transmitters. Give the steering potentiometer a spray with some electrical contact spray and it should go away. It's possible that the steering potentiometer is poorly dirt/dust shielded.

Got the replacement today and everything works fine. Hope this one lasts. This one had a foam wheel for some reason too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back