Granite First front flip!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I was pretty excited today to pull off a front flip. Even better I did it driving single handed. I practiced driving like that a lot today and blew 90% of the jumps I tried 🤣 I’m also getting better at those switch back things whatever you call ‘em. I need to find a mount for my phone on the transmitter…or make one.

Also got my wife’s big rock stuck in a tree for awhile. I showed her the picture and she did not smile. I think she really likes her car ☺️

98EB5C8E-F336-4C30-8002-B93125119403.jpeg

Last edited:
I was pretty excited today to pull off a front flip. Even better I did it driving single handed. I practiced driving like that a lot today and blew 90% of the jumps I tried 🤣 I’m also getting better at those switch back things whatever you call ‘em. I need to find a mount for my phone on the transmitter…or make one.

Also got my wife’s big rock stuck in a tree for awhile. I showed her the picture and she did not smile. I think she really likes her car ☺️

View attachment 183591
I probably could do the tree thing but not ready for a front flip...or any flip! Good job!(y)

I probably could do the tree thing but not ready for a front flip...or any flip! Good job!(y)

I got hung up in trees half a dozen times. This driving with one hand poop is difficult. I had at least eight full blown face plants with the big rock because I kept hitting the throttle wrong mid flight. And the mt10 I completely blew by launching it 15 feet up and landing roof side on a concrete step.

I am learning though. I love this skate park…it has a lot of soft landing spots if I can manage to hit them. I also landed a triple backflip but didn’t film it so it didn’t happen 🙄

I got hung up in trees half a dozen times. This driving with one hand poop is difficult. I had at least eight full blown face plants with the big rock because I kept hitting the throttle wrong mid flight. And the mt10 I completely blew by launching it 15 feet up and landing roof side on a concrete step.

I am learning though. I love this skate park…it has a lot of soft landing spots if I can manage to hit them. I also landed a triple backflip but didn’t film it so it didn’t happen 🙄
I cant drive one handed at all. I'm so bad at it that I don't try anymore.

That triple must have felt good to pull off. My fiancé would say 'it was meant for your memory and not to be shared'...yea she gets deep at times! hahaha

Is there a basic little app I can use on my iPhone to combine short videos so I don’t have to post them individually? Nothing fancy or complicated I’ve never messed with anything like this.

Big rock landing fails. I landed on its face and roof quite a few times trying to get the hang of this one-handed driving thing. I’ll check the motor mount later 🤣

I cant drive one handed at all. I'm so bad at it that I don't try anymore.

That triple must have felt good to pull off. My fiancé would say 'it was meant for your memory and not to be shared'...yea she gets deep at times! hahaha

That is a cool little saying. Just may use it 😁
Front flip was nice but hanging it in the tree was even better. Lol

I tend to do that often. Either hit a tree, climb a tree, land in a tree…And my wife has the same issue with running into Lakes. So once we get a shirt press for the cricut she’s going to make us T-shirts. Mine will say ‘tree’ hers will say ‘lake’ With some kind of RC car graphic.

Last edited:
I don't have an iphone so I cant help on the combining thing but the one advice I can give is to hold your phone the other way to get widescreen video. :)

I don't have an iphone so I cant help on the combining thing but the one advice I can give is to hold your phone the other way to get widescreen video. :)

Yeah I know…but It’s hard for me holding it that way one-handed. I still got a lot of practice to go before I can drive one handed or I just need to make a mount that will go on my remote. Actually that’s what I’m gonna work on figuring out. A phone mount of sorts.

Yeah I know…but It’s hard for me holding it that way one-handed. I still got a lot of practice to go before I can drive one handed or I just need to make a mount that will go on my remote. Actually that’s what I’m gonna work on figuring out. A phone mount of sorts.
Oh crap you just talked about getting used to driving one handed and I'm suggesting making it harder. My bad!:ROFLMAO:

Oh crap you just talked about getting used to driving one handed and I'm suggesting making it harder. My bad!:ROFLMAO:

Phone mount for the transmitter… how can I go about making one? I got nothing so far but then my brain is not working yet 🙃

I would help you out if I figured it out myself. HAHAHA
I tried several different ways and non worked very well.:ROFLMAO:

Man I can almost picture something in my head but not quite. Ugh, it’s right there just within reach…almost.

Man I can almost picture something in my head but not quite. Ugh, it’s right there just within reach…almost.
I tried rigging a phone holder for cars and it kinda worked but I couldnt get it tight enough to keep from shaking too much.
My daughter is letting me use her gopro so I'll see what I can do with that. If I cant mount it I'll just put it on the tripod. :p:ROFLMAO:

Lol, I giggle everytime I send my BIGROCK. Yep, a 57yr old man with a Santa beard giggling like a Lil boy. I tried one handed, but after less than 2 months of learning I'm lucky I stick the landings with two hands! 😁Flips are fun. I'm just now getting the hang of mid air control. 😏

I'm far from any flips but I am lucky that my daughter let me borrow her older GoPro. I just got it from her and she said to keep it so I am. hahaha
I used a head mount from another crappy cheap action camera that I have to mount to my radio with hot glue. 🤷‍♂️ I'll see how it does...but will back it up with rubber bands just incase.:ROFLMAO:

GPmount.jpg

That's awesome bro! Always badass landing that first front flip or double backflip etc. Just some help with landing is try not to tap break unless you rig is nose up about 2ft off the ground, just let off and it will flatten out and save you from those bad nose landings tapping the break👍🏼

I found this dirt pile near my skate park that I bash at and gave it hell. It cost me a body... too many hard roof landings on pavement and against the trees but I did stick a pair of front flips and a couple of back flips. 🤣 I went through two battery packs before I spun a wheel off doing donuts.

20211204_140430.jpg

20211204_144721.jpg

20211204_144744.jpg

That's awesome bro! Always badass landing that first front flip or double backflip etc. Just some help with landing is try not to tap break unless you rig is nose up about 2ft off the ground, just let off and it will flatten out and save you from those bad nose landings tapping the break👍🏼
I tried rigging a phone holder for cars and it kinda worked but I couldnt get it tight enough to keep from shaking too much.
My daughter is letting me use her gopro so I'll see what I can do with that. If I cant mount it I'll just put it on the tripod. :p:ROFLMAO:

Thanks! And I know but driving one handed for the first time made everything way more difficult. When driving with both hands I don’t have that issue normally.

I'm far from any flips but I am lucky that my daughter let me borrow her older GoPro. I just got it from her and she said to keep it so I am. hahaha
I used a head mount from another crappy cheap action camera that I have to mount to my radio with hot glue. 🤷‍♂️ I'll see how it does...but will back it up with rubber bands just incase.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 183922
Don't get those bands stuck in your 💇 hair. 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back