First hail storm of the season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't want to be caught in that. It ain't hail until you gotta have the glass guy at your house and take the car to the body shop. Bonus points for a lightning strike!

We saw some on I-85 heading north from Charlotte to Greensboro, NC. We hit the heavy rain that was to the south of it but the sleet/hail was over by the time we got up there. The medians looked like it had sprinkled snow for a bit. Sadly looks like it got the best of some people, there was a car upside down on the southbound side. Hopefully they made it out ok.

Once you have been in 'real weather' you quickly realize you'd rather be beef jerky.
By all means, it's a choice as to where you reside.

News Stop GIF

I still miss actual seasons. I prefer cooler weather, but not @Pat_ranch temperatures!
If only our weather could keep the sheep from flocking here from wherever they're from.... (cough, cough, kalifornistan, cough, cough, east coast)

I could hear it but couldn't see any.

I've only ever driven through hail once in my life... once was enough! Ended up with 3 or 4 dings in my grand marquis. The volkswagen huddled under the bridge with me looked like a golf ball. I was clipping along at 80mph when it hit. Sounded like a gravel truck opened it's tailgate in front of me! Was so LOUD!

That's one of the things I miss about Kentucky, the summer storms could rattle your fillings. I LOVE stormy weather. I might have been a storm chaser in a previous life. :unsure: (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back