Outcast First impresssions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
got my son an outcast and HPI kenblock. Ran the outcast Xmas day and it was great fun. He loves it and can wheelie across the Costco lot with ease. Backflips on demand and then whizzzzzz. Pinion missing four teeth - day one. Took to the LHS and they only stock hardened steel from - if memory serves me correctly -Robinson Racing pinions. Order arrives Tomorrow- in the meantime they threw on the 17T optional pinion so oliver could run it in yesterday's warm weather. Sure enough at days end - same thing - teeth missing. So tomorrow-we put on the hopefully final one. All our Arrma trucks have this Robinson racing pinion - annoying but I have no pinion issues at all. Good thing he loves his Ken block and we have others for him to run. Other than two breaks in two days - the truck is a lot of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 44
Arrma pinions aren't very good,just changing to the Robinsonracing pinions makes a obvious difference in noise( quieter).

Man... breaking pinions? I should go have a look at what spares I have and may need. I don't think I've ever broken a pinion gear. Plenty of spurs but never a pinion.

I have the WR8 Flux Ken Block too. Fun car. Big and fast. Eats the gymkhana tires though. The Michelin Rallys from the nitro version hold up better.

Man... breaking pinions? I should go have a look at what spares I have and may need. I don't think I've ever broken a pinion gear. Plenty of spurs but never a pinion.

I have the WR8 Flux Ken Block too. Fun car. Big and fast. Eats the gymkhana tires though. The Michelin Rallys from the nitro version hold up better.
I got some off road tires 36$ a set - they rock off road. On 3S it can hang with the 1/8 scales / not really but it really gets up and goes. We also have a Flux Sprint2 BMW...

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 32
Have to give it up to HPI big time - He LOVES it. Handles great on road especially blacktop and these are Schumacher Racing Tire/rim set. Very happy. The Robinson racing Pinions arrive at 3pm - will have Outcast back - I think Im going to let Oliver run it - its his for xmas but go with my 4S packs they are 5000MAH 150c 7.4v - they are perfect and will reduce issues. I will run 6S of course but I made him take off the wheels, we went through how the receiver box is the heart, etc - good stuff on a holiday afternoon...I am also registering him in a racing group at the local track - Wed & Sun. He will race the Senton with that Castle motor.

Today - broke the stem right off the motor and cracked three teeth if the spur. Upgrading my Kraton V2 with a max 8 combo so will use that motor. Disgusted. Need to walk away from this bullshit for a week or two. Love this truck but to have three pinions, motor and now a spur gear to replace when it was opened xmas morning is just a horrible way to start out. Oliver will tell me to send it back or just keep fixing. I am putting it back in the box in the am. F this nonsense.

Today - broke the stem right off the motor and cracked three teeth if the spur. Upgrading my Kraton V2 with a max 8 combo so will use that motor. Disgusted. Need to walk away from this bullshit for a week or two. Love this truck but to have three pinions, motor and now a spur gear to replace when it was opened xmas morning is just a horrible way to start out. Oliver will tell me to send it back or just keep fixing. I am putting it back in the box in the am. F this nonsense.
Are you picking up pebbles or debris into chassis tray? That's crazy Julian, sorry for your troubles, I'd be frustrated, too. I'm guessing it takes a good deal of lateral or shearing force to snap an otherwise healthy motor shaft. I'd ship her back and make Arrma replace.

Are you picking up pebbles or debris into chassis tray? That's crazy Julian, sorry for your troubles, I'd be frustrated, too. I'm guessing it takes a good deal of lateral or shearing force to snap an otherwise healthy motor shaft. I'd ship her back and make Arrma replace.

I bought it back in November so it's past that 30 day period. It will just be a new spur. Using the kratonv2 motor. So annoying. It's my dons Xmas present so I need to chill out and just get this done.

Omg I love my ken block flux also but man the tire situation on it goodlord. It's the only reason why I don't run it often. Tire-eater is an understatement. But as for Julian I understand man sometimes u need to just stop and have a beer(age permitting lol) and come back to it with a clear mind. Sometimes when I'm wrenching and have a good streak with no headaches it never lasts but manage to get through them.

Omg I love my ken block flux also but man the tire situation on it goodlord. It's the only reason why I don't run it often. Tire-eater is an understatement. But as for Julian I understand man sometimes u need to just stop and have a beer(age permitting lol) and come back to it with a clear mind. Sometimes when I'm wrenching and have a good streak with no headaches it never lasts but manage to get through them.
After playing with my fazon in the snow and it going under s moving car - I'm happy. Will post the GoPro footage. Crushed the shell and tore the GoPro clean off. But that cage saved it.

After playing with my fazon in the snow and it going under s moving car - I'm happy. Will post the GoPro footage. Crushed the shell and tore the GoPro clean off. But that cage saved it.
Yikes, good thing the GoPro survived. The fazon being lowslung prob didn't hurt going under either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back