Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Hey guys just a quick thread on a Limitless I just built for my kids and I.
Powered by 1717 and MMX
Running on 6s and 8s
Gearing 27/34

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I did the whole 100 plus mph XO1 and ofna gtp2e, but this chassis seems much more promising.

There are a lot of aftermarket parts out there and don't mind buying them. I just want to make sure whatever I buy is necessary and quality. I know nothing is necessary but that's the code word that seems to work on wife.

Going to maiden it today will get an update when we return.

Wish us luck.....

20210822_153030.jpg

20210822_153110.jpg

rotauq

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Sounds like me a year ago. And yes i can confirm the limitless is a much better platform.

Point of attention:
* PPS motormount is a should, gearmeshing will be heaven.
* The rear center driveshaft is a major weakspot. It's too long and vibrates. Several solutions like Pinocchio spools or thick carbon dogbones.

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I feel your pain. My plans to do some drag hits was spoiled by sky tears yesterday. It let loose about 13 minutes before my charger chimed. Straight to storage charge they went...
I feel ya.... My son was not taking no for an answer. ( Wonder where he gets that from)😉. We actually waited for the road to dry just enough to run for a few. Really couldn't open it up as it was damp out. Only brought it to about 60 -70 mph. After about 10 min of beating on it temps were about 120. It definitely has a bunch more in it and very happy for first run on damp pavement.

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So yesterday evening was the first official run in proper conditions. All I can say is that I am impressed. According to the powerhobby performance analyzer she hit a top speed of 96 mph on 6s. Can't wait until I run it on 8s.

Originally I was thinking that if she it in the 90's on 6s I would be happy. I was not looking for anything more. With how stable it was at speed it makes me want to see more. I feel like I am on repeat mode with my XO1 and ofna ultra.

Only issue I see at the moment is that the drive line is a little noisy. I can see the driveshafts being a issue with more speed.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I’m with ya, I just bought a used limitless and am so excited to build it, I’m doing the gt body and using my max6 1650kv combo from my exb and putting a corally torox 185 in my exb with a rocket 4092, 1420kv motor (for now lol)…
This way I can get into speed running gently at first, and work my speeds up as I learn to drive better. Lol 😂

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I’m with ya, I just bought a used limitless and am so excited to build it, I’m doing the gt body and using my max6 1650kv combo from my exb and putting a corally torox 185 in my exb with a rocket 4092, 1420kv motor (for now lol)…
This way I can get into speed running gently at first, and work my speeds up as I learn to drive better. Lol 😂
Yeah man I hear ya.... This car is a rock solid at the speed I was doing. Didn't take much to control it. You are going to love it....... Keep us posted on your progress I am interested to see how you do.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Word of advice on initial setups. (you likely know this with the XO-1 and GTP2e experience). Stiffen the rear spring pre-load as much as you can.
Use shock travel limiters and can use droop screws also to ensure travel limits exist. You want some rake in the suspension to ensure the rear is higher than the front.

If that ride angle is kept good, then blow-overs should be eliminated.

Trimming down the rear wing to the first line is a good idea also.

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Word of advice on initial setups. (you likely know this with the XO-1 and GTP2e experience). Stiffen the rear spring pre-load as much as you can.
Use shock travel limiters and can use droop screws also to ensure travel limits exist. You want some rake in the suspension to ensure the rear is higher than the front.

If that ride angle is kept good, then blow-overs should be eliminated.

Trimming down the rear wing to the first line is a good idea also.
Thanks for the advice. Yesterday we already cranked the back shocks tight as possible. We have the front set for maybe a 1/4 inch off the ground. It's pretty much as low as I can go where we run.

I saw others cutting the rear wing down and was debating doing that tonight. Wanted to get that done before running 8s.

I need to definitely invest in drive line parts before going any faster. I am really not thrilled with the vibrations coming from rear driveshaft.

Thanks again buddy.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Thanks for the advice. Yesterday we already cranked the back shocks tight as possible. We have the front set for maybe a 1/4 inch off the ground. It's pretty much as low as I can go where we run.

I saw others cutting the rear wing down and was debating doing that tonight. Wanted to get that done before running 8s.

I need to definitely invest in drive line parts before going any faster. I am really not thrilled with the vibrations coming from rear driveshaft.

Thanks again buddy.
The new Perfect Pass drive shaft set is the best on in my opinion. The carbon shafts absorb a lot of the vibrations / harmonics compared to the full titanium shaft options.

If you are not aware I believe only island hobby nut sells them.

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
The new Perfect Pass drive shaft set is the best on in my opinion. The carbon shafts absorb a lot of the vibrations / harmonics compared to the full titanium shaft options.

That's actually what I was looking into as you are like the 10th person that recommended it.

Thanks for the advice...

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s

Just actually called island hobby nut. They have them in stock and will probably go there tomorrow to pick up.

BobS

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Typhon 3s
Quick update finally went to island hobby nut and grabbed the perfect pass cf driveshaft set, and a heat sink and fan set for the 1717.

View attachment 166917

View attachment 166918
very nice indeed! those shafts look awesome! did you have to remove the chassis braces? curios. i got the Scorched titanium shafts but they rub even after extensive removal of material from the braces so i took em off for now........

KratonKing1983

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
very nice indeed! those shafts look awesome! did you have to remove the chassis braces? curios. i got the Scorched titanium shafts but they rub even after extensive removal of material from the braces so i took em off for now........
I had to remove the front brace entirely but just had to clearance the rear by about 2 - 3 mm. In the end I am 100 percent happy with the outcome. Now have a much smoother drivetrain.

BobS

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Typhon 3s
I had to remove the front brace entirely but just had to clearance the rear by about 2 - 3 mm. In the end I am 100 percent happy with the outcome. Now have a much smoother drivetrain.
Ok good to know., I have the HR braces and have filed the crap out of them and dremelled
As well , do you feel there’s no issues with chassis flex? Thanks man