Big Rock First maintenance on my Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlooDon

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Vendetta
Loving my Big Rock. It’s my first “go fast” rig. My other trucks are trail trucks and comp rigs. I wanted to ease into bashing…….

I’ve run about 8 or 10 battery packs and figured I should go thru the truck. I found one bearing on the slipper assembly going bad and one axle hub screw coming loose. All else looked good.

I did let my jumping exceed my current skill level and pulled a rear shock apart. :ROFLMAO:

From my research on the forum and YouTube I was able to correct/fix all my issues easily.

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge! (y)

59F89836-F939-401F-9006-06C0D8D107B5.jpeg

20F831DB-2308-440D-9389-C0655E7CB282.jpeg

C04C016D-09F8-4B93-8BBB-9AAD5866DD7D.jpeg

68A7D16C-123D-4EE3-932E-34BD1B3D831C.jpeg

Great choice in rigs. My Big Rock is still my favorite all around basher. The shocks are the weakest link on them. I went with pro-line shocks but as others will say the 6s shocks are cheaper and you can get spare parts for them. As for bearings the stock ones on all the Arrmas suck. I like Jim's Bearings. Going over everything and making sure its properly fastened is always best. Pro-line Badlands unbelted tires make it much nicer and 30k front diff fluid with 20k rear works great for me also. Good luck and have fun.

Great choice in rigs. My Big Rock is still my favorite all around basher. The shocks are the weakest link on them. I went with pro-line shocks but as others will say the 6s shocks are cheaper and you can get spare parts for them. As for bearings the stock ones on all the Arrmas suck. I like Jim's Bearings. Going over everything and making sure its properly fastened is always best. Pro-line Badlands unbelted tires make it much nicer and 30k front diff fluid with 20k rear works great for me also. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks. I’ll probably go with the Typhon 6S shocks eventually. I have a bearing kit coming also…….

I love my Big Rock, it was my first hobby grade RC 4 months ago! Now I have it and a Mojave EXB, they are completely different rigs and fun to drive for different reasons.
Welcome to the family and happy bashing!

I have my BR about a year and no matter what i do she's Coggin,drop pinion,re calibrate and still Coggin.any ideas will be gladly appreciated

I love my big rock. Replace the Arrma bearings they are junk. Use blue Loctite.
I already had one on the slipper assembly go bad. It surprised me, only had 8 or so packs run thru it. I had spare 10x15x4 in my kit as it is a popular size in the crawling world. I changed both of them.

I ordered a replacement kit for the rest and will start changing them out during the next few maintenance cycles.

I have Mojave from shocks in the front and kraton 6s front on the rear..I change the weight on them to 70W in the front and 80W in the rear with associate springs…

View attachment 219579
That’s a great shock combo. Got it on 4 cars. What size center brace is that? I forgot and need to get one…

I have Mojave from shocks in the front and kraton 6s front on the rear..I change the weight on them to 70W in the front and 80W in the rear with associate springs…

View attachment 219579
May I ask, you are not using the Mojave or Kraton springs? But springs from AE? If so which ones? Sorry if I misunderstood.

I have my BR about a year and no matter what i do she's Coggin,drop pinion,re calibrate and still Coggin.any ideas will be gladly appreciated
Did you change the motor deg in the ESC. 15deg, 22deg, etc. also depends on what ESC you have

That’s a great shock combo. Got it on 4 cars. What size center brace is that? I forgot and need to get one…
This is the one that kids on the big rock it’s from a kraton 4S…

7C57CB17-4FF4-4ACD-ADD5-77102FBEE19F.png

May I ask, you are not using the Mojave or Kraton springs? But springs from AE? If so which ones? Sorry if I misunderstood.
Sorry all late been busy at work..but this are the springs I used..

Attachments

• 0741F6FD-8E75-4D9A-B9C0-4611F8280774.png
    0741F6FD-8E75-4D9A-B9C0-4611F8280774.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 32
  • C67105FA-1FCD-459A-922B-4C3B8620BF2A.png
    C67105FA-1FCD-459A-922B-4C3B8620BF2A.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I have a guarantee esc from a kraton 6s,I will put that on big rocky to see if she works like the one Bara&tone have let's see,

Nop if u running 4s,if goes 6s the diffs I'm pretty sure gonna make the sound of boommmmmm.😂 gonna run on 4s if works well I change the esc for one from the vortex that is programmable

Nop if u running 4s,if goes 6s the diffs I'm pretty sure gonna make the sound of boommmmmm.😂 gonna run on 4s if works well I change the esc for one from the vortex that is programmable
Oh I see know…lol yeah I was thinking on putting ESC that the Vorteks has..lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back