Typhon First of its kind!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell from the pictures, but is this the 325mm wheelbase C7? Looks great and makes me wish I had the money to test out if a LWB ARRMA chassis with Typhon arms etc would end up fitting the 360mm C7.

Beautiful build all around. Extraordinary comes to mind. Are you running 6 or 8s? Can't tell by looking at the batteries
I'm running 8s
Hard to tell from the pictures, but is this the 325mm wheelbase C7? Looks great and makes me wish I had the money to test out if a LWB ARRMA chassis with Typhon arms etc would end up fitting the 360mm C7.
I'm not sure

I turned my typhon into this,I guess you can call it an 1/8 scale limitless corvette gt. Tell me what you guys think, it took a lot of work. Going to set up like my other car which is a limitless gt so this should hit 150 or so,weighs 2 lbs less. Its 90 percent done, have to make a front splitter to match the body and battery mounts. Should be able to run this weekend.

View attachment 108608

View attachment 108609

View attachment 108610

View attachment 108611

View attachment 108612
Does anyone know if its fine to run the batteries on the side?

Does anyone know if its fine to run the batteries on the side?
I ran mine out there when I had my Typhon with the EMP trays. I now stretched mine to an Infraction so they aren’t needed. But it seemed fine for my use.

I mean running the batteries on their sides
Ahh then yes. I run mine upright in the Infraction due to how wide these CNHL 6000mah packs are. I added a 3D printed block to the tops to help keep the straps in place.

442AE026-23FD-4860-8691-827A2E4E6719.jpeg

Running them on the side, initial thought it's a don't care for speed.
I have no experience but for jumping and bashing I probably wouldn't recommend it. You have all the weight of the lipo material stacked and on impact it would compress over time. I could be way off on this though.

Running them on the side, initial thought it's a don't care for speed.
I have no experience but for jumping and bashing I probably wouldn't recommend it. You have all the weight of the lipo material stacked and on impact it would compress over time. I could be way off on this though.
Absolutely not for bashing or jumping! Only for making a speed pass or drag hit.

How was the chassis held together when welded, in a jig? How did you insure it was completely flat and level when welding? Very nice work, and those welds look neat and clean. I was hoping Arrma would make this, a 1/8 scale Limitless chassis. Great job, and the batteries should be fine on their side, I have done it many times with no issues

How was the chassis held together when welded, in a jig? How did you insure it was completely flat and level when welding? Very nice work, and those welds look neat and clean. I was hoping Arrma would make this, a 1/8 scale Limitless chassis. Great job, and the batteries should be fine on their side, I have done it many times with no issues
Yes, I had it set up nice and flat and clamped all around
And its Really straight

And its Really straight
I made 3 short passes today to test the car and it worked good except I need to raise my antenna. It doesn't have the range as good as the other car.but it will. With short runs it went 135 easily in 1500 ft. With more to go

There are some very cheap radios with a range of more than half a kilometer. They don't have many functions, though, and you might want that.

DumboRC X6 ($35)
I made 3 short passes today to test the car and it worked good except I need to raise my antenna. It doesn't have the range as good as the other car.but it will. With short runs it went 135 easily in 1500 ft. With more to go
mph or km/h?

There are some very cheap radios with a range of more than half a kilometer. They don't have many functions, though, and you might want that.

DumboRC X6 ($35)

mph or km/h?
I just need to raise my reciever box where I have it mounted so the antenna will stick out. Same reciever on the other car works fine. Its just the corvette body is a lot taller than the gt body. And i run a dx 5 pro spectrum controller with no booster.

I turned my typhon into this,I guess you can call it an 1/8 scale limitless corvette gt. Tell me what you guys think, it took a lot of work. Going to set up like my other car which is a limitless gt so this should hit 150 or so,weighs 2 lbs less. Its 90 percent done, have to make a front splitter to match the body and battery mounts. Should be able to run this weekend.

View attachment 108608

View attachment 108609

View attachment 108610

View attachment 108611

View attachment 108612
Sweet!

Great build love the color

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back