Typhon First of its kind!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. By class definition it would be a 1/8 GT, but I get what you are saying with all the Limitless parts on it...
Raz Shifrin would call that an Infraction GT. By his definition at least. :cool:

I've got a Senton speed run car half built. Got stuck on body mounting, getting the right height mounts, and not smacking the shock towers. Appreciate the info!

I got 139 mph with a shorter run this morning. I'm still dialing the car in and it was only the 6th pass ever on the car. Its the fastest I had ever gone. Their is definitely more in it and it goes straight.

Thats almost 225 km/h!!!
The maximum speed limit in the Netherlands is only 100 km/h (60 mph)!
Most cars can 'only' go somewhere near 180 km/h (110 mph)

Thats almost 225 km/h!!!
The maximum speed limit in the Netherlands is only 100 km/h (60 mph)!
Most cars can 'only' go somewhere near 180 km/h (110 mph)
If you ever wanna try speed running, I'll let you drive one of my speed rigs. We are basically neighbors (Budel-Dorplein)

Ik was doodsbang toen ik mijn slash tot de 95 kreeg. Ik denk niet dat ik sneller dan dat zou durven, en al helemaal niet met een auto van een ander
Crashed mine in a ditch while getting 95

Crashing is part of speedrunning ;)

Driving 95km/h with a RC car that's not designed/setup for high speeds is scarier than doing more than double that speed with a RC car that's designed for it. Like taking a (European)corner with a van or pickup at 70km/h can be way scarier than taking the same corner at 120km/h with a BMW.

What we did, was we drove the RC at high speeds, and went after it in a normal car.

The thing that made it scary was probably that I kept the steering sensitivity high, so I needed to be very careful not to steer to much.

What we did, was we drove the RC at high speeds, and went after it in a normal car.

The thing that made it scary was probably that I kept the steering sensitivity high, so I needed to be very careful not to steer to much.
Steering has to be dialed way down. When I was setting up my new radio this weekend I need the EPA down something like 35% and steering expo curve way down also just to get it feeling "setup up" for high speed use.

Steering has to be dialed way down. When I was setting up my new radio this weekend I need the EPA down something like 35% and steering expo curve way down also just to get it feeling "setup up" for high speed use.
Yeah. I put mine down to 35 as well when I got the dx5 pro and works awesome

It also depends on the sensitivity of the radio. My radiolink RC4G has a horrible resolution and needs even more than EPA down to 35%, whiles on my flysky IT4S i can easily 'microsteer' even without changing the EPA and Expo.
@LibertyMKiii I assume on the RC6GS radiolink improved this given your positive stance on that radio (at least in concern of range)

It also depends on the sensitivity of the radio. My radiolink RC4G has a horrible resolution and needs even more than EPA down to 35%, whiles on my flysky IT4S i can easily 'microsteer' even without changing the EPA and Expo.
@LibertyMKiii I assume on the RC6GS radiolink improved this given your positive stance on that radio (at least in concern of range)
The steering "felt" very different from my Futaba. In my opinion it was hypersensitive for speed run use. I had to crank down the EPA and Expo quite a lot, to get it where I wanted it. Those sort of things are specific to what the person is used to having their radio feel like. Everyone seems to have a different preference.

For me I don't want the car capable of steering any more than what is needed for a U-turn on the road. Then set the expo so that steering inputs do very little until you crank the wheel hard. This allows fine adjustment during a speed run and reduces the chances I over steer, but still able to do the U-turn at the ends of the run. Finding a balance of this setup is a bit tricky as you need to steer some, but don't want too much while going 100+

I took the wifey out today to run the car and ended up wrecking at 138 and the car went flyin! Its all fixed already but some damage to the body . Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back