Limitless First "On-Road" RC, Arrma Limitless Novice Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsgasolinealley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
About 6mo ago, I got into RC for the first time. Now a half dozen cars later, it's time to try out the on-road scene. Because I have not done this yet, I don't quite know how I'd like to get the RC built up. Originally I wanted an Infraction, but Horizon had a 15% off sale on the Limitless roller and jumped on it. This will be my second build, my first was the Kraton EXB, so I have some sense of what I will be doing.

Any thoughts or suggestions for electronics? I have been looking around and seeing that 8s seems to be popular, but 6s is likely safer. Here are the 3 options I have been kicking around.

1: Spektrum 150a combo.
2: Spektrum 160a combo
3: Canabalise the Kraton EXB's Spektrum 150a combo and use it on the Limitless. Then do a 160a combo in the Kraton.

Thoughts, looking forward to the build.

PXL_20210214_233024849.jpg

PXL_20210214_232151869.jpg

Welcome!

Do you want to speed run or bash? Speed running is making one or two passes and then waiting and letting everything cool down. Bashing is driving around like you would any RC car without overheating during the run. This will determine what electronics and how you set it up with regard to center spool/diff and pinion.

Welcome!

Do you want to speed run or bash? Speed running is making one or two passes and then waiting and letting everything cool down. Bashing is driving around like you would any RC car without overheating during the run. This will determine what electronics and how you set it up with regard to center spool/diff and pinion.
That's the challenge. I have never done either, so I am not sure what would be the correct choice. Most likely bashing, but it is hard to know as seeing the speed run guys on youtube is quite intriguing.

The 150 combo is ok for bashing and will get you close to 100mph.
The 160 will get you above 100 but there is more to it than just motor/esc.

If you drive for more than 5min at a time, go with a basher setup. Speedruns are literally one and done with long breaks in between.

Last edited:
The 150 combo is ok for bashing and will get you close to 100mph.
The 160 will get you above 100 but there is more to it than just motor/esc.

If you drive for more than 5min at a time go with a basher setup. Speedruns are literally one and done with ;long breaks in between.
Can't imagine I need to be doing triple-digit speeds. 150 combo will be just fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Parts started rolling in. Decided to get an infraction center diff, an assortment of pinion gears, a spare set of wheels/tires, and a JX 21Kg servo. Now just to wait for a receiver and motor/esc. Once those arrive this thing should go together quickly.

While I build it should I add a handbrake too?

PXL_20210221_190422055.jpg

PXL_20210221_190411270.jpg

PXL_20210221_190416950.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back