First paint gone wrong but where do I get decals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
This was my first paint and newbie in the entire RC area. This project DID NOT come out to what I wanted. I wanted a General Lee like look fluorescent orange & bright so I can see it in the distance. When the Infraction gets down the road it's hard for "me" to see it...old eyes :) . I was going with this one below from a user here (nice) but with a different spin:

1588559074717.png

I did plan to have a flat black hood but only on the sides of the hood with center orange, the bed of the truck flat black and lower side skirt flat black. The problem when I removed the masking after painting all the black I did a bad masking job and found black just all over in places on the clear body just too many mistakes to clean. Also, some of my black lines were not crisp if I did the spray the solid color you would see all black imperfections. I was mad at this point so I just did something. I sprayed the orange anyway inside all over and then came back with black to blend it vs doing the white backing over the orange to make it pop. In the end, I began to paint the hood black on the outside to hide my inner hood mistakes (solid orange down the hood center of the nose). In the end, I sprayed clear on the outside on the hood as well as the other outside black areas to give it a flat look.

I have this burnt orange look! I still need to clean this up so this is not a finished look with the wing, black bar and I will put some back mesh in the area I cut out by the doors. I am still not completely happen with the job since I really wanted a bright rig look, but I will move on to decals. Where do people get those cool decals other than the ones that came with the Infraction that I really don't want to use?

Trying to find more ways to make this look better and get to a point where I can be content....

nWV70m_wIsdnrVHsVMmzWr9azViLr_VA0Dj-cioMiLMstfLgQndgO-Cj3P8GoNCMFUFVFa9oHfEr-UaSvhkXIY4HXgL55fKkxQc7EllEMFkQhbMoKwm4WojRRW1TCHF6Uugs46yIWQw9WhzP-uj_h2NYnb-cc6wFJUHaoT7VQw94Q4KQCIjTjjmpYw_Lfp--_jVNxcj13Vf9okg8yx4R1To2DG9Yba_q5jsiL4qj0k9Q-ulxF4ixku92S5_sVX2AaPtmfnaNHNGQ4NVfjycC-tR4rt9cpfUz61qneDhvZHp4SPzz1uhI90dTNIZaFtPoryopXZUD7EraqrVQ5IRkK98Gn899hZU-k9EzzWC6aheYjki3VkxaO1vdp6G27bl35zLzQrEMjanvpcMj8flVlebHyx70ITp0R2iU-sRYEhcc8msCh63j0-mXRKQ-qPnFzKChdASjrGLGTcYdPvG6sC7hzEendkRPzAEPhplv-Ja9iDIdnd20tcploYFmiuGASAanWRftHONhHjyXvtYqr5RAyjTg21Kmm-9FmtfBqpcZg237QOvkgcyw8jSL0g9nkj_OxR18G9mbn7lrQE-FVUkhnfowc1xr8Q8RJ22pamsqB0pIt4KEG4g9UU6FfIYAfUewPwNAry-b2bnnMcT3dfcb8ziw-67a7GO0tBkUNbhw9uXi8BsEf31kjh3cSQ=w1281-h585-no

paU6Ve0swcWspsNMZxdihzdrSu9_eT5DT54LjI8B9OYnrBufIno2b24ZFcSi_A7bTSU_l9HQUc91jibf3PfTVqIwgwg8ZcNdNmfud4p9zEOeDFnrNZp0jXUi0jy3fgbLrnlb5p13H5Rwje1HJPqsr_h-1DJK1o-22WV-04S6tN2hLusB_fo860RQa_wKR_zsH_qNh1dXUEmsO-PepYByruraP98OVYPjrwORe7g34Y8PLImEwKB3FjKCLzXwqsFhNf5Ei6sQyCDWf7iWlyPUoL5k1PIQItayEKanyIhd4ReaGVAq9ESafrjLKI9PQWWvl2t13jO2S1kCgJUewfErv2w-djiu_ebbhdP_J_Q6pjYZgY6d0Tpxl1xncy0i2hVlsf9tGA7eESi333ZYGy3ou21hpEEUp0ARaaihuX6VDtz79ns6Un_IkkRNSmPs4sp-v0mg1e0dnbpck_iEH1fACfUaR7p10k3IKIILiv5fXCis2jst_FbK2ysBvzQzCytkkMe3hmnckfK0xS9CvQpUff4u9tyfAV8bjol2ZxyOlFGE2N2hLEAzuGOFySzexSiyORw_dKBS4m2y0Mfm7XuzMbKMN0Nb8UzNZllliN1ArVnzMyIBXf58kNtJwwQ3ke-eAsdtZ8WMF3Jsaz9IdPB5LruNsKM1C52p8LrVSYdfEvFbAi4idkCm5OUTKgk2VA=w1281-h585-no

Good looking first paint! ? Not sure where to get bright decals someone on here should chime in.

Thanks Brandon!!

At this point, I will take any source for decals to find something over the OEM decals :)

This was my first paint and newbie in the entire RC area. This project DID NOT come out to what I wanted. I wanted a General Lee like look fluorescent orange & bright so I can see it in the distance. When the Infraction gets down the road it's hard for "me" to see it...old eyes :) . I was going with this one below from a user here (nice) but with a different spin:

View attachment 78431

I did plan to have a flat black hood but only on the sides of the hood with center orange, the bed of the truck flat black and lower side skirt flat black. The problem when I removed the masking after painting all the black I did a bad masking job and found black just all over in places on the clear body just too many mistakes to clean. Also, some of my black lines were not crisp if I did the spray the solid color you would see all black imperfections. I was mad at this point so I just did something. I sprayed the orange anyway inside all over and then came back with black to blend it vs doing the white backing over the orange to make it pop. In the end, I began to paint the hood black on the outside to hide my inner hood mistakes (solid orange down the hood center of the nose). In the end, I sprayed clear on the outside on the hood as well as the other outside black areas to give it a flat look.

I have this burnt orange look! I still need to clean this up so this is not a finished look with the wing, black bar and I will put some back mesh in the area I cut out by the doors. I am still not completely happen with the job since I really wanted a bright rig look, but I will move on to decals. Where do people get those cool decals other than the ones that came with the Infraction that I really don't want to use?

Trying to find more ways to make this look better and get to a point where I can be content....

nWV70m_wIsdnrVHsVMmzWr9azViLr_VA0Dj-cioMiLMstfLgQndgO-Cj3P8GoNCMFUFVFa9oHfEr-UaSvhkXIY4HXgL55fKkxQc7EllEMFkQhbMoKwm4WojRRW1TCHF6Uugs46yIWQw9WhzP-uj_h2NYnb-cc6wFJUHaoT7VQw94Q4KQCIjTjjmpYw_Lfp--_jVNxcj13Vf9okg8yx4R1To2DG9Yba_q5jsiL4qj0k9Q-ulxF4ixku92S5_sVX2AaPtmfnaNHNGQ4NVfjycC-tR4rt9cpfUz61qneDhvZHp4SPzz1uhI90dTNIZaFtPoryopXZUD7EraqrVQ5IRkK98Gn899hZU-k9EzzWC6aheYjki3VkxaO1vdp6G27bl35zLzQrEMjanvpcMj8flVlebHyx70ITp0R2iU-sRYEhcc8msCh63j0-mXRKQ-qPnFzKChdASjrGLGTcYdPvG6sC7hzEendkRPzAEPhplv-Ja9iDIdnd20tcploYFmiuGASAanWRftHONhHjyXvtYqr5RAyjTg21Kmm-9FmtfBqpcZg237QOvkgcyw8jSL0g9nkj_OxR18G9mbn7lrQE-FVUkhnfowc1xr8Q8RJ22pamsqB0pIt4KEG4g9UU6FfIYAfUewPwNAry-b2bnnMcT3dfcb8ziw-67a7GO0tBkUNbhw9uXi8BsEf31kjh3cSQ=w1281-h585-no

paU6Ve0swcWspsNMZxdihzdrSu9_eT5DT54LjI8B9OYnrBufIno2b24ZFcSi_A7bTSU_l9HQUc91jibf3PfTVqIwgwg8ZcNdNmfud4p9zEOeDFnrNZp0jXUi0jy3fgbLrnlb5p13H5Rwje1HJPqsr_h-1DJK1o-22WV-04S6tN2hLusB_fo860RQa_wKR_zsH_qNh1dXUEmsO-PepYByruraP98OVYPjrwORe7g34Y8PLImEwKB3FjKCLzXwqsFhNf5Ei6sQyCDWf7iWlyPUoL5k1PIQItayEKanyIhd4ReaGVAq9ESafrjLKI9PQWWvl2t13jO2S1kCgJUewfErv2w-djiu_ebbhdP_J_Q6pjYZgY6d0Tpxl1xncy0i2hVlsf9tGA7eESi333ZYGy3ou21hpEEUp0ARaaihuX6VDtz79ns6Un_IkkRNSmPs4sp-v0mg1e0dnbpck_iEH1fACfUaR7p10k3IKIILiv5fXCis2jst_FbK2ysBvzQzCytkkMe3hmnckfK0xS9CvQpUff4u9tyfAV8bjol2ZxyOlFGE2N2hLEAzuGOFySzexSiyORw_dKBS4m2y0Mfm7XuzMbKMN0Nb8UzNZllliN1ArVnzMyIBXf58kNtJwwQ3ke-eAsdtZ8WMF3Jsaz9IdPB5LruNsKM1C52p8LrVSYdfEvFbAi4idkCm5OUTKgk2VA=w1281-h585-no

Don't be so hard on yourself!. Looks clean and shines. ??
Find decals with clear backing and good to go imo. Ebay has piles. Or leave it be because its still great looking, fast and tough. Looks slick!

Looks great?

Practice makes perfect. It's a hobby man. Nothing to do but go for it and hone in skill.

As far as decals. Go, well... I source from Amazon or Amain....

Good luck bro. Looks good.

Practice makes perfect. It's a hobby man. Nothing to do but go for it and hone in skill.

As far as decals. Go, well... I source from Amazon or Amain....

Good luck bro. Looks good.
Off topic and unrelated but I think you should change your avatar to this :ROFLMAO:
download (12).jpg

Doesn't look too bad. I just finished my first paint the other day and it didn't come out nearly as nice, paint wouldn't stick and bubbled in a few spots. I was going to do another one right away but my wife wants to get one dipped for me. Currently looking for someone who wants to make some money.

What colors did you use? The more I look at that, the more I like it. I have the idea of doing something similar, but starting brighter at the front and toning it down as you go back. Sort of an on-fire effect.

What colors did you use? The more I look at that, the more I like it. I have the idea of doing something similar, but starting brighter at the front and toning it down as you go back. Sort of an on-fire effect.

Thank you....big accident tho :)

Colors I used:

Paints used:
• Tamiya PS-24 Fluorescent Orange
• Tamiya PS-5 Black
• Planned to back it with this for the pop orange color..did NOT this: Tamiya PS-1 White Lexan
• For flat black areas: Testors Spray Lacquer

After I painted the black, I did paint the orange all over. At that point after doing 2x coats of orange, I dropped the idea of backing with white. I felt that spraying black all over the orange would hide my mistakes so this is how the burnt orange came about to hide my mistakes.

I really messed up on the hood so where both sides were black and the center was orange. I then sprayed black on the outside of the hood to mask the center and errors of my lines....then put the clear on for a flat look.

Last edited:
Was expecting to see a disaster, but honestly that looks really good. I get what you meant about a brighter shade but its pretty respectable looking in the end. Maybe you can run a strip of brightly colored electric tape or vinyl around the sides, or top. Could help it stand out on the road.

I will probably need to tie a ballon to my rc in the future to follow it, my eyes are pretty bad already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back