Outcast First pic posting- he has NO Luck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shocked Diver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey All... Happy Memorial day to you. So Powerdubs and I got together for a little backyard bbq fun and a quick run at the soccer field across the street from my house. He was literally running straight, not at full throttle and NO wheelie, came to stop went turn in front of us and we hear crunching......
Front right doggone pops out, locks wheel and grinds frt. Diff.
20190527_161727.jpg
before we left....
20190527_161643.jpg
20190527_161643.jpg

Welcome to the forum @Shocked Diver. I think I mentioned it to @PowerDubs before, but an exorcism is definitely in order for both his rigs, before he runs again. Many of us have experienced the dog bone popping out, mostly due to flex in the arms from over extension or very hard landings. Whatever caused it, it's just wrong that it happened to him. His Trucks are in my prayers ?

Many of us have experienced the dog bone popping out, mostly due to flex in the arms from over extension or very hard landings

....on a flat soccer field, driving straight.. no jumps, no crashes???

and again in just a few minutes... I don’t get it. ?? ☹️

I will be removing the clips and maybe even shaving the end of the arm a bit to further tighten things up.

Alignment be damned- does not matter on these trucks with the tires spinning and front end off the ground so much.

It is my understanding these trucks are based and built on the Durango buggy which birthed the Typhon - the arms and axles are lengthened, the angles and leverages increased (along with our increased speeds, height and impact)- but the diff cups are the same.

No surprise we are finding the weak points that some parts were never designed for.

First pic is fully extended and the second is fully compressed. It's a Noto, so I don't know if this applies to the Typhon, but I removed all the caster shims, top and bottom, on the outside of the front upper and lower arms.
20190528_233808.jpg
15591012847245195214657748757932.jpg

Attachments

• 20190528_233808.jpg
    20190528_233808.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back