First post. First Arrma. The Fazon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good and everything works. Got the RX case in there as well. I just didn't like it being shrink wrapped. There's a small spring looking antenna on the circuit board that probably would have been ok but I feel better with it inside a hard case.

Now, to the good part. I made a video!

Alright! Had a good run using my MMX / Spektrum setup and everything worked flawlessly. I don't care much for drift mode off-road. No sir. Too much traction just makes it flip. It's ok on a wet street though. Climb isn't all that great either, especially for the turning radius. Blast and wheelie are the most fun of course. I ran it using my new Basher 2S 60C 5600 mAh LiHV packs and it was plenty fast for the yard on 4S. Doesn't make that howl that it does on 6S though. Still, awesome truck. Lots of fun. Need a bigger place to play!

I got two packs of drive pins in the mail from Tower yesterday and it looks like a new ESC has been shipped to me. Things are looking up for the Fazon!

Now... if it would stop raining. It was 72 today and will dip below freezing tonight. Tomorrow doesn't look great for running much of anything.

Last edited:
Saw Rogue One this morning and had another good 4S run this afternoon. It was a good day. Cold out there though. Batteries don't care much for it. I walked it down to the greenway where I can run it for long stretches with no traffic to worry about. 6S might be hairy down there. It's narrow with slight curves. It'll be fun though. There's a little rocky area down the way that will be great for climb mode.

When it's warmer...

Running the Terrain Crushers for speed test in the AM. Will switch to backflips later for the grass.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 60
I do like those.

Got $66 in E-Cash from Tower today. Ordered 2 sets of HD universal axles. Already got one set of HD diff outdrives but they are out of stock now. It's just as well. Holidays and all.

Woohoo! My ESC has returned, all nice and new with no pinched fan wires. They even included motor leads and two more XT90s.

Now my big Yeti can run again too! Huzzah!

Looks nice this weekend. High 50s and 60s. Maybe it won't rain.

HD Universals arrived today and I made some mud guards from .040 lexan. Too bad Arrma didn't include a sticker sheet in the box or I would have fancied them up a bit.

IMG_6922.JPG IMG_6918.JPG IMG_6920.JPG IMG_6919.JPG

Had a decent run with the Fazon yesterday. I took it to my best friend's house. He got a Twin Hammers V2 for Xmas and I got him a set of MIP hex drivers for it. Anyway, it was raining because that's what it does when I'm not at work. I ran it on 6S for about 10 minutes then spent just as much time or more cleaning the wet grass off of it. The mud guards did their job and nothing broke.

Fazon, Big Rock, Nero, Outcast... I am going to buy one of them!!! Just not sure what one. I love the look of the FAZON!!! And love the Big Rock H.D. Axles... Tower Hobbies lowered the B.R. price to $620, yesterday. And the Fazon is still at $650. So I'm torn...

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 64
I've seen those at Tower. Only $10! for the set. A great deal but I like to make my own so I can add graphics to them. I've got an RC4WD LED bar on my front bumper now too but it's not hooked up yet.

I've seen those at Tower. Only $10! for the set. A great deal but I like to make my own so I can add graphics to them. I've got an RC4WD LED bar on my front bumper now too but it's not hooked up yet.
I like the indentation for the shock arm. I can also add graphics but its a dirt guard that always gets the mud, leaves, etc.

Got the LED bar working. Time for some night driving.

IMG_6936.JPG
IMG_6937.JPG
IMG_6939.JPG
RC4WD 2" SMD LED bar fits nicely. Very metal.
IMG_6938.JPG
Thunder Power 2S 350 mAh pack in the battery tray to power the LEDs. Fits in front of the main pack and STILL needs foam in the gap.

Just checking in. Couple dozen runs now and nothing else has broken after working out the initial bugs. Sold my Yeti XL over the weekend, which cleared out a nice big spot on the shelf for this one. The big Yeti is just not as fun as the Fazon. It's no wonder why this chassis won so many basher of the year awards last year. It's so fast and planted and awesome.

Still want that Outcast though...

Just checking in. Couple dozen runs now and nothing else has broken after working out the initial bugs. Sold my Yeti XL over the weekend, which cleared out a nice big spot on the shelf for this one. The big Yeti is just not as fun as the Fazon. It's no wonder why this chassis won so many basher of the year awards last year. It's so fast and planted and awesome.

Still want that Outcast though...
It's a shame that so many people lose patience with this truck. It can be so much fun.

It's a shame that so many people lose patience with this truck. It can be so much fun.
I bought my first Nero, and before it got to my L.H.S. I bought a second Nero, and now I'm wanting the Fazon, Big Rock, Senton, Outcast, pretty much any ARRMA that I can run 6S in, I freakin love them !!!!! ;)

Two good runs on Sunday but the second one blew a front tire. Hah! My new batteries came to life after a few cycles. Sucker was in-freaking-sane, then... pizza cutter POP! It's ok though. The LHS has some new street tires I'm itchin' to try on my Fazon.

Two good runs on Sunday but the second one blew a front tire. Hah! My new batteries came to life after a few cycles. Sucker was in-freaking-sane, then... pizza cutter POP! It's ok though. The LHS has some new street tires I'm itchin' to try on my Fazon.
You should try the backflips. I can't say that I've tried them but I heard they are great.

So I went out for my first drive without the snow. Decided to make a few videos of the big Nero out running the Scale Trail realm. OMG, I LOVE THIS BEAST EVEN MORE NOW !!!!!! The slow speed capabilities are very impressive for such a big high powered truck. It's pretty awesome I have to say !!!

Seriously wanting the FAZON next, even though I have the two Nero's. I love the hot rod looks of the FAZON !!! SHE'S SO SEXY !!!!! ;)

Please let us know how the new tires hold up ;)

I really love that it will go from a slow crawl, straight into pizza cutting mode with a little tag on the go baby go trigger !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back