Vorteks First Post: Vorteks 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmoM3

Weekend Track Junkie
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
What's up everyone - this is my first post on this forum with my Vorteks, but not my first! My first ARRMA was the Vendetta.

Just wanted to share some of the stuff I've done on it and pics to go along with it.

I purchased the Vorteks about a week ago during the Horizon Hobby sale (I also ended up picking up a Losi Super Rock Rey :ROFLMAO: ) and my first impressions of it after the initial bash session was excited yet lukewarm because the truck was very difficult to handle, which seems to be the general consensus here.

I'm a big motorsport nerd with years of 1:1 track driving experience, therefore I've somewhat became a chassis/power to weight nerd so I was quickly looking for ways to improve the overall balance of the truck. Thanks to this forum, I was able to pretty much solve all the issues I had with the Vorteks with the parts that were interchangeable.

Mods:
  • RPM Typhon 3S Front Control Arm
  • RPM Typhon 3S Rear Control Arm
  • OEM Typhone Turnbuckles
  • OEM 12mm Wheel Hexes
  • Pro-line Badland MX28 HP tires
  • Traxxas GTR Long front Shocks (40wt) w/Traxxas Pink Springs
  • Traxxas GTR XX-Long Rear Shocks (40wt) w/Traxxas Blue Springs
  • Traxxas 50K Diff Fluid (Front)
  • Traxxas 30K Diff Fluid (Rear)
  • Custom alignment and ride height (slight rake)
The thing handles like a stadium truck F1 car on flat surfaces with smooth suspension travel and just soaks up bumps while being able to put the power down efficiently. It has a hint of understeer during a slalom/transition test under load, but it still retains its SWB character with its quick/sharp rotation and easy 180 spins off throttle. It's become more predictable for sure and can't wait to have another bashing race with some friends.

69887608292__EA40497B-126C-4442-8E96-4E27DD722430.JPG

Shameless plug - I'm planning on selling my Vendetta, so if anyone is interested, please PM me. Using the funds to upgrade the new Losi SRR.

Welcome. I'm sure your learning the only difference between your 1/1 track car is that the RC's are bigger money pits! :LOL:
Yeah I'm afraid that they're 1:1 as expensive over time and it scales (literally) by the scale size.

What's up everyone - this is my first post on this forum with my Vorteks, but not my first! My first ARRMA was the Vendetta.

Just wanted to share some of the stuff I've done on it and pics to go along with it.

I purchased the Vorteks about a week ago during the Horizon Hobby sale (I also ended up picking up a Losi Super Rock Rey :ROFLMAO: ) and my first impressions of it after the initial bash session was excited yet lukewarm because the truck was very difficult to handle, which seems to be the general consensus here.

I'm a big motorsport nerd with years of 1:1 track driving experience, therefore I've somewhat became a chassis/power to weight nerd so I was quickly looking for ways to improve the overall balance of the truck. Thanks to this forum, I was able to pretty much solve all the issues I had with the Vorteks with the parts that were interchangeable.

Mods:
  • RPM Typhon 3S Front Control Arm
  • RPM Typhon 3S Rear Control Arm
  • OEM Typhone Turnbuckles
  • OEM 12mm Wheel Hexes
  • Pro-line Badland MX28 HP tires
  • Traxxas GTR Long front Shocks (40wt) w/Traxxas Pink Springs
  • Traxxas GTR XX-Long Rear Shocks (40wt) w/Traxxas Blue Springs
  • Traxxas 50K Diff Fluid (Front)
  • Traxxas 30K Diff Fluid (Rear)
  • Custom alignment and ride height (slight rake)
The thing handles like a stadium truck F1 car on flat surfaces with smooth suspension travel and just soaks up bumps while being able to put the power down efficiently. It has a hint of understeer during a slalom/transition test under load, but it still retains its SWB character with its quick/sharp rotation and easy 180 spins off throttle. It's become more predictable for sure and can't wait to have another bashing race with some friends.

View attachment 281242

Shameless plug - I'm planning on selling my Vendetta, so if anyone is interested, please PM me. Using the funds to upgrade the new Losi SRR.
Sweet setup! Can you provide the link for the OEM Typhone Turnbuckles?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back