Outcast First proper bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mylightweight

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Been out for my first proper bash at a local skate park. Had loads of fun, no major jumps or flips just some little jumps getting used to how it handles on the ramps and stuff. I was on my own so no way of holding the transmitter and videoing with my phone.

Landed it on its roof a few times but POS front bumper has been great at protecting the front.

Worked up to 100% throttle in the small car park next the skate park, man can these 6s rigs move!

I think the thermal cut off kicked in and shut everything down though after about 5mins of full throttle full speed runs. I thought my batteries went flat so came home and found the batteries still 11v in them!

Any way, here’s a few after bash photos

p.s. the mudguards did a great job of keeping the rear drive train clean

Been out for my first proper bash at a local skate park. Had loads of fun, no major jumps or flips just some little jumps getting used to how it handles on the ramps and stuff. I was on my own so no way of holding the transmitter and videoing with my phone.

Landed it on its roof a few times but POS front bumper has been great at protecting the front.

Worked up to 100% throttle in the small car park next the skate park, man can these 6s rigs move!

I think the thermal cut off kicked in and shut everything down though after about 5mins of full throttle full speed runs. I thought my batteries went flat so came home and found the batteries still 11v in them!

Any way, here’s a few after bash photos

p.s. the mudguards did a great job of keeping the rear drive train clean
11vdc for a 3S pack is flat ??

How can that be when they are11.1v, I use Traxxas ID 3s 11.1v 5000mah 25c batteries by the way
11.1 is storage voltage, not peak voltage. At 4.2vdc per cell, a full 3S pack would be 12.6vdc.

Guessing you may be new to LiPo batteries so this might be something for you

Basics of LiPos

4.2V per cell = volatile / explosive
3.80-3.90 per cell = stable / happy
3.4v per cell = volatile / explosive

Basically charge your battery to run the car. If you cannot for some reason (weather etc) run the battery down within a day or two then put it back at storage voltage. Always store them in a cool dry place at storage voltage and might want to look into LiPo Safe bags on Amazon.

Welcome to the forum and glad you are here sharing your enjoyment of that 6s beast!

Guessing you may be new to LiPo batteries so this might be something for you

Basics of LiPos

4.2V per cell = volatile / explosive
3.80-3.90 per cell = stable / happy
3.4v per cell = volatile / explosive

Basically charge your battery to run the car. If you cannot for some reason (weather etc) run the battery down within a day or two then put it back at storage voltage. Always store them in a cool dry place at storage voltage and might want to look into LiPo Safe bags on Amazon.

Welcome to the forum and glad you are here sharing your enjoyment of that 6s beast!

Yeah I’m new to LiPo, last time I ran r/c cars was in the early 90’s when 7 cell batteries were just making an appearance.

Thanks for the info, I’ve only got the Traxxas ID charger at the minute so can’t see what each individual cell is at but a new charger and more batteries are on my list of things to get.

Cheers
Chris

Yeah I’m new to LiPo, last time I ran r/c cars was in the early 90’s when 7 cell batteries were just making an appearance.

Thanks for the info, I’ve only got the Traxxas ID charger at the minute so can’t see what each individual cell is at but a new charger and more batteries are on my list of things to get.

Cheers
Chris

You can buy very cheap cell checkers. Some are tiny, plug into your balance port and come with an alarm when the go below a certain voltage. I use them in rc airplanes as a back up. Just make sure you secure them properly if you run them in a car.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Moni...ocphy=9003472&hvtargid=pla-304998738630&psc=1

Mine look like this after my first bash. Go big or don't go at all! ?
First Run Aftermath.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back