Senton First real uh oh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Fun time bashing with the wife and I think the Senton sounds a little weird, but had been running the granite the last few trips and thought maybe it just sounds different. Kept running for a while and then heard the dreaded grind/ rattle/ tap sound and thought for sure gears somewhere were screwed. Stopped running it came home got on the forum and started searching. That led me to pull the driveshaft to isolate where noise is coming from. Determined it was from the rear and noticed the input shaft a little wobbly. Drive unit was stuck as heck! Was afraid I was going to crack the case prying it out, but thankfully got it out carnage free. Opened up to a nice surprise, destroyed bearing and not gears! Full bearings kit arrived today and waiting on a few more parts to freshen it up while it’s down. I do have a question on repair though, which way do all the bearings come in and out? I tried looking for a ledge or obvious giveaway but didn’t see it. For example the picture of the drive unit cover, I don’t want to do damage removing a bearing the wrong way.

p.s. The day wasn’t a total loss because my wife pulled her first backflip with the granite! Epic send off a 15ft tall dirt pile, I was so proud:)

Attachments

• D92E4FD5-F30B-4C5C-88DC-6CC559DDCE6C.jpeg
    D92E4FD5-F30B-4C5C-88DC-6CC559DDCE6C.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 70
  • F9FDF269-F5F4-4BA0-B509-D5BADDD868B4.jpeg
    F9FDF269-F5F4-4BA0-B509-D5BADDD868B4.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 57
Thanks, I thought the bearing kit I ordered would’ve had a little a little more detail with it, but it’s just a bag with tubes of bearings in it. Going to be a fun time with calipers and exploded view. Shouldn't be too bad, but a little more time consuming than I had hoped probably.

Thanks, I thought the bearing kit I ordered would’ve had a little a little more detail with it, but it’s just a bag with tubes of bearings in it. Going to be a fun time with calipers and exploded view. Shouldn't be too bad, but a little more time consuming than I had hoped probably.

Wheel hubs (4) 12x18x4 and (4) 6x12x4 (Megas and 3s BLX)

Wheel hubs (4) 12x18x4 and (4) 8x16x5 (4s Outcast and Kraton)

Outside diffs (4) 12x18x4

Input gears (4) 10x15x4

Inside of diffs (2) 5x8x2.5

Mega slipper (2) 10x15x4 BLX slipper (3) 10x15x4 (one in the spur gear itself)

BLX LWB center shaft (1) 15x21x5

Steering bellcrank (all models) (4) 5x10x4

Mega Granite, Senton, Typhon 20 bearings (not including steering bushing bearings)

3s Typhon, BRCC, Senton, and 4s Kraton 22 bearings (not including steering bushing bearings)

3s Granite, 4s Outcast 21 bearings (no center driveshaft bearing) (not including steering bushing bearings)

Wheel hubs (4) 12x18x4 and (4) 6x12x4 (Megas and 3s BLX)

Wheel hubs (4) 12x18x4 and (4) 8x16x5 (4s Outcast and Kraton)

Outside diffs (4) 12x18x4

Input gears (4) 10x15x4

Inside of diffs (2) 5x8x2.5

Mega slipper (2) 10x15x4 BLX slipper (3) 10x15x4 (one in the spur gear itself)

BLX LWB center shaft (1) 15x21x5

Steering bellcrank (all models) (4) 5x10x4

Mega Granite, Senton, Typhon 20 bearings (not including steering bushing bearings)

3s Typhon, BRCC, Senton, and 4s Kraton 22 bearings (not including steering bushing bearings)

3s Granite, 4s Outcast 21 bearings (no center driveshaft bearing) (not including steering bushing bearings)
Awesome info thanks! I’ve been matching them up as suggested, but knowing where help to figure out how far down the rabbit hole I need to go. It’s real fun doing this with kids running around bugging each other?

Well I waited all day for my driver bits to come to make things easier to remove, but got impatient and started anyway. Probably disassembled and reassembled a few things an extra time or two because I didn’t want to leave it torn apart so I’d put it back together for every interruption. Kids man haha. One question though, How the heck do the driveshafts come off? All the tools I’ve got and I couldn’t get anything down the shaft to get the bolt that I think is down there right? Thought about separating at the u-joint, but that didn’t seem to want to pop off so I stopped. Started with a pack of 26 and have 11 bearings left to do. One good thing is I’m getting much more familiar with how theses trucks come apart, gets less intimidating every time I wrench on it. I’m no slouch to turning wrenches either, but I swear I’m less worried about working on a 500k machine at work than I am this stupid truck ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back