Limitless First run after finishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the way it looks with big tires in back.. I have these grp for when roads get better out

16753001983405071770935238781654.jpg

Or maybe I give up for winter and use this instead

Attachments

• 1675300324852357088890157224044.jpg
    1675300324852357088890157224044.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
So you're running bigger tires in back? Are you running two different diffs to account for the different wheel speed? If not...I'd say we have found patient zero for your car's erratic behavior.
If I misunderstood what you said, ignore this. But to run small Hoons up front and the big ones in the rear, you need a GP5 diff up front and a GP6 diff in back (each with the corresponding input pinion of course). You can swap tires to whatever you want if you're running a 2WD car. On a 4WD it is imperative that you run the same size tires on all four corners because for each full revolution a larger tire will cover a longer distance = higher wheel speed = highly unstable like that asteroid in The Empire Strikes Back. That's why two different diffs are necessary if you want to run different sized tires.

So you're running bigger tires in back? Are you running two different diffs to account for the different wheel speed? If not...I'd say we have found patient zero for your car's erratic behavior.
If I misunderstood what you said, ignore this. But to run small Hoons up front and the big ones in the rear, you need a GP5 diff up front and a GP6 diff in back (each with the corresponding input pinion of course). You can swap tires to whatever you want if you're running a 2WD car. On a 4WD it is imperative that you run the same size tires on all four corners because for each full revolution a larger tire will cover a longer distance = higher wheel speed = highly unstable like that asteroid in The Empire Strikes Back. That's why two different diffs are necessary if you want to run different sized tires.
ding ding ding!
winner winner chicken dinner!

🤔, The tires are the excactly same height, revs will be the same... I made sure height was the same just width is different....
The surface area will be greater but not revolutions and the problem is all 4 wheels are spinning

🤔, The tires are the excactly same height, revs will be the same... I made sure height was the same just width is different....
The surface area will be greater but not revolutions and the problem is all 4 wheels are spinning
That's not possible. At least not from what I know of Arrma's products. They make Hoons in 42/100 and 53/107 sizes. They don't make wider ones that aren't also taller. If they did, I can assure you that people would use them and not worry about having two different diffs. There are two possibilities: either your measurement was off for any number of reasons or Arrma makes a set of tires that no one knows about which they would have sold countless thousands of, if only people knew about them. I have my money on one of the two....but I'm not going to say which. I'm not ruling out that I'm just wrong on this. But it would be the first time since 1974. Hey, stranger things have happened.

That's not possible. At least not from what I know of Arrma's products. They make Hoons in 42/100 and 53/107 sizes. They don't make wider ones that aren't also taller. If they did, I can assure you that people would use them and not worry about having two different diffs. There are two possibilities: either your measurement was off for any number of reasons or Arrma makes a set of tires that no one knows about which they would have sold countless thousands of, if only people knew about them. I have my money on one of the two....but I'm not going to say which. I'm not ruling out that I'm just wrong on this. But it would be the first time since 1974. Hey, stranger things have happened.
And you were saying 😆

Screenshot_2023-02-01-22-59-55-692.jpg

wow I had no idea they made those tires either. I was cracking up laughing at this thread until I got to the picture. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So how do you keep yours cool
I only do a pass or two and let it cool down. No fan or anything is going to stop a motor that’s geared high from getting hot. Nature of the beast. As I stated before, I just bring a fan and plug it into a 3s battery and point it at the motor in between runs. Having a fan definitely cools the motor off faster in between passes, not so much during a pass.

Ok, I was just trying to figure out a way to cool it more efficiently, the heat sinks are ok but there's no circulation to pull heat away from it, the things need a fan on top of the car pulling the hot air out lol...

I just downloaded readings from castle link , ripple was .17 average with a max of 1.4 is that ok ??

You want to keep ripple below 10% of your nominal voltage, for example 4s =4.2x4=16.8
Therefore you would want to keep it below 1.68v

I’m sure you’re fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back