Vendetta First run and first tear down impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi dudes, with the crap weather i thought I'd spend some time stripping the vendetta and setting it up. I've only used it once so it's like new.

Heres some of my gripes and praises so far.

Pillow balls, why the hell are they plastic? Even the cheapest rcs these days have metal balls, for the price it's really a minimum i would expect. These will produce huge slop in no time.

Shocks, all dry, literally next to no oil in them. Now full of 20,000 cst, collars now set to half of thread, one of them was leaking heavily after rebuild so i had to use some ptfe on the thread due to small crack in the mould.

Rear diff, filled with a tiny bit of grease, no diff fluid, now filled with 20,000cst, this would explain the heavy pulling to one side when i accelerated.

Diffs are composite plastic with metal internal gears, to be honest I've never had one fail on my granites or senton so im happy with this.

Linkages, great quality, again, shame about the plastic balls.

Servo, crap, slow and under powered.

Motor, very smooth, not bad for spektrum.

Esc, let's see how long it lasts, i don't have much hope with my experience of spektrum products.

Wheels and tires, great looking, nice, grippy and well balanced, Shame about the 14mm hexes

Chassis, owning 2 granites and a senton this tub chassis is tried and tested, good stuff.

Receiver and transmitter, not bad, big improvement on older slower spektrums but still meh, changed this to a radio links rg6s for better range and response times.

Drive shafts, plastic and nasty. cvds would have been a nice touch here.

Bearings, nice and smooth, there's even bearings in the steering bellcranks, nice to see.

Body, absolutely stunning, nice thick lexan, needs an extra nut and bolt in the centre of the wing. Done that.

I knew about most of this when i bought it but i had to have it, i normally strip and rebuild any rc before i run it so most of this work is my own doing.

Over priced for the spec but I would still buy it knowing all this as it's absolutely stunning. I would definately have preferred to buy a roller as spektrum are doing this brand no favours, i will be removing the remaining spektrum crap and shoving it on eBay, i already have a better esc and motor to put in there.

Probably a 6/10 from me.

Last edited:
I would have one if it wasnt for the price tag. Its a little upsetting honestly, even though i know its a descent rig but everything involved with horizon (everything really, not just horizon) has prices that are going well out of control. I picked up my granite for $300 back when it was a v1 and it was a steal, the next best things were over $450 and have no parts availability or were cheep banggood specials.

According to the spec sheet, the rear diff is supposed to be filled with grease, not diff fluid.
Not sure why, but that's how they built them.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.24.19 PM.png

Hi dudes, with the crap weather i thought I'd spend some time stripping the vendetta and setting it up. I've only used it once so it's like new.

Pillow balls, why the hell are they plastic? Even the cheapest rcs these days have metal balls, for the price it's really a minimum i would expect. These will produce huge slop in no time.

Shocks, all dry, literally next to no oil in them. Now full of 20,000 cst, collars now set to half of thread, one of them was leaking heavily after rebuild so i had to use some ptfe on the thread due to small crack in the mould.

Rear diff, filled with a tiny bit of grease, no diff fluid, now filled with 20,000cst, this would explain the heavy pulling to one side when i accelerated.

Diffs are composite plastic with metal internal gears, to be honest I've never had one fail on my granites or senton so im happy with this.

Esc, let's see how long it lasts, i don't have much hope with my experience of spektrum products.

Wheels and tires, great looking, nice, grippy and well balanced, Shame about the 14mm hexes

Chassis, owning 2 granites and a senton this tub chassis is tried and tested, good stuff.

Receiver and transmitter, not bad, big improvement on older slower spektrums but still meh, changed this to a radio links rg6s for better range and response times.

Bearings, nice and smooth, there's even bearings in the steering bellcranks, nice to see.

Body, absolutely stunning, nice thick lexan, needs an extra nut and bolt in the centre of the wing. Done that.

I knew about most of this when i bought it but i had to have it, i normally strip and rebuild any rc before i run it so most of this work is my own doing.

Over priced for the spec but I would still buy it knowing all this as it's absolutely stunning. I would definately have preferred to buy a roller as spektrum are doing this brand no favours, i will be removing the remaining spektrum crap and shoving it on eBay, i already have a better esc and motor to put in there.

Probably a 6/10 from me.
Agree with everything you said. The pillow balls are junk. Only thing to add no front splitter. I just added steel pillow balls to my Senton conversion to Vendetta. Haven't ran it yet waiting on a body it was suppose to ship in December now January. I might run it this weekend with my Vendetta body on it instead of the mustang body that is mia from HH. My Vendetta runs straight as an arrow so I haven't messed with much as far as diffs or steering. Will do the pillow balls very soon. And I posted some were I used 17mm on my Senton conversion. Cost 12 bucks and looks OEM. I bought my Vendetta for 400 and received 20.00 in eBay bucks to soften the blow.

I picked up a VVendetta roller from the bay, putting a spektrum 150a with a temp 3200 spektrum motor, but going with a rocket 3670 2750kv V2 motor final. Have a set of Vendetta wheels, but putting a set of GRP S4 on it. While its in roller form, I put something in the diffs and check shocks. Will get a body from Jennys later. No hurry ( Chicago weather), want the mustang body, will probably get a infraction roller for that and keep it 3s only.

Also probably change pillow balls on Vendetta and my current Infraction 4S

Probably a 6/10 from me.
Nice synapses. This is the reason I chose to build instead of buy mine. Customized how and where I want so in the end, I can only blame myself if it doesn't perform to my expectations.

Agree with everything you said. The pillow balls are junk. Only thing to add no front splitter. I just added steel pillow balls to my Senton conversion to Vendetta. Haven't ran it yet waiting on a body it was suppose to ship in December now January. I might run it this weekend with my Vendetta body on it instead of the mustang body that is mia from HH. My Vendetta runs straight as an arrow so I haven't messed with much as far as diffs or steering. Will do the pillow balls very soon. And I posted some were I used 17mm on my Senton conversion. Cost 12 bucks and looks OEM. I bought my Vendetta for 400 and received 20.00 in eBay bucks to soften the blow.
There's someone making carbon splitters now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Lip-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I bought a sheet and cut my own. Made a slight mistake long story. But over all looks good probably cost me 8.00. And side pieces for the rear.

View attachment 192049

View attachment 192050
What 17mm adapters you used? I bought a set of Typhon 3s hexes from Jennys. I saw a guy on YT that used them and wheels were still under body, not rubbing. He just raised the back 2 holes and the front one

Last edited:
For the typhon 3s hexes? Jennys had them for $20. I think I bought the last set

Update they have 5 sets right now

Last edited:
Which pillow balls are a direct replacement? I see people recommending the following:
Team Associated ASC81398
Hot Racing pivot ball

Also these as well:
Traxxas TRA2443(2) TRA2445 (1) - depending on LWB
Traxxas TRA5525 - requires shimming

I have the hot racing ones in one of my granites, they've been good but are definately showing some slop, although that could be the plastic wearing as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back