Kraton First run and setup for Kraton 4s, also no reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyt77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just got my Kraton 4s today, will be setting it up for my first run tomorrow. Anything I need to do before I run the truck? the front right wheel seems to not be aligned and is facing more right than center. I plugged in my battery just to see if everything works and I don't seem to be able to reverse. It'll go forward and brake but that's it. Been out of RC's for awhile. Thanks.

Set your steering trim so both wheels are pointing out a little (see photo) That’s how they are out of the box. They set them up that way so they are easier to handle. (Go in a straight line easier) You can set them straight with a turnbuckle wrench if you don’t like it.

For reverse push back on the trigger once for brake, second time is reverse. If this doesn’t work your esc is in race mode with no reverse. Manual has the esc setup process in there. It’s easy. Good luck!

Attachments

• 2D1720ED-C212-4B09-B864-8918761ABE5D.jpeg
    2D1720ED-C212-4B09-B864-8918761ABE5D.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 48
Set your steering trim so both wheels are pointing out a little (see photo) That’s how they are out of the box. They set them up that way so they are easier to handle. (Go in a straight line easier) You can set them straight with a turnbuckle wrench if you don’t like it.

For reverse push back on the trigger once for brake, second time is reverse. If this doesn’t work your esc is in race mode with no reverse. Manual has the esc setup process in there. It’s easy. Good luck!

Thanks, will try it out tonight.

If you run the radio at 50%, it won't go in reverse. ESC already chops the power in half going backwards, another 50% on the radio means the motor only gets 25%, which is not really enough to go in reverse.

hi
i will also have a kraton (6s) for christmas ?and also had a strong misalignment of the front left wheel out of the box. I played on the turnbuckle to have a normal direction. and also had to reduce the dual rate .
I still wondering why the esc is not bipping according the cells number, is it like that on all arrma cars?

hi
i will also have a kraton (6s) for christmas ?and also had a strong misalignment of the front left wheel out of the box. I played on the turnbuckle to have a normal direction. and also had to reduce the dual rate .
I still wondering why the esc is not bipping according the cells number, is it like that on all arrma cars?
My kraton 4s doesn't beep when turned on the only one i know is the kraton 8s who beeps when powered on. But the 3-4-6s escs beeps only in programing mode

You should look into a different radio, stock one is not so good.

If you run the radio at 50%, it won't go in reverse. ESC already chops the power in half going backwards, another 50% on the radio means the motor only gets 25%, which is not really enough to go in reverse.
Does this also affect breaking? I’m running at 50% on 4s (just bought the truck today) and notice the breaking seems weak.

Oh awesome so you probably already have a better radio... as far as that kinda throttle control... nope lol but bashing is much more fun. I did years of racing. It's fun but if the local track doesn't change layout much it gets boring. Once I started bashing I sold all but one of my race cars for bad weather days lol... enjoy and have fun... just remember if you aren't breaking something you are not having enough fun ?

well, I have zero throttle control, haha.
breaks? what breaks? lol
bashing will for sure help me to learn some throttle control, even if basics i think.
If you see me list all my race vehicles for sale, you will know bashing became the #1 for me. :)
I could prob sell all my race gear and get one of each Arrma. lol

Oh geez lol.... keep me in mind? I'm an old school racer back when the 9.5 was the leading contender.

well, I have zero throttle control, haha.
breaks? what breaks? lol
bashing will for sure help me to learn some throttle control, even if basics i think.
If you see me list all my race vehicles for sale, you will know bashing became the #1 for me. :)
I could prob sell all my race gear and get one of each Arrma. lol
If you don’t know what brakes are, you will get to know breaks really well ✌?

???

Does this also affect breaking? I’m running at 50% on 4s (just bought the truck today) and notice the breaking seems weak.

Yes, it basically just sets throttle dual-rate to 50%. There's no difference between reverse and braking on the radio. It sends the same signal to the car, and the ESC decides whether to brake (if you're going forward) or go in reverse (if you're stopped or already going backwards).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back