Kraton First run breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedbeardRon

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok, so first run was ended about 4 minutes in from pretty tame bashing, a pillow ball pulled out with no tools on me to fix it and upon further inspection a rear arm snapped near the bulkhead brace are these common issues because i see people jumping these things stock 20 feet in the air and driving away easy. i had a stampede 4x4 running a 1/8 scale system since they came out with crazy beatings it has never broken a stock arm yet. pretty disappointed within the first 4 minutes of running, this has never happened to me with any rc i've owned.

My Kraton is 10 days old and I've run about 6 packs through it. Nothing broken yet. I've heard of pillow balls pulling out but I don't think the a arms are a common breakage unless you smack it into something really hard.

Yeah, i've got a pillowball that likes to backout. Does well with a little loctite on there. People say thats a no-no, i'll use CA next time i pull it apart.

well the pillowball didn't pull out of the upper arm it actually popped through the hub.
sounds like you're pretty unlucky. Ive had my Kraton a month and only lost the steering servo, and a ball bearing in the rear diff.

edit: fan stopped working last night, now overheating ESC on 6S quickly.

You mentioned 'popped' not 'tore through'. does this mean the hub is fine?

I have always put it into perspective this way... keep scale in mind.

you are jumping an 1/8 scale vehicle 20’ in the air. could you imagine now a 1/1 scale full size vehicle jumping through the air; wouldn’t the equivelant be 160’ ?

1/8 scale vehicle Hitting a 2” diameter rock. Hitting that same rock with a 1/1 scale full size vehicle would be the equivelant to 16” diameter rock. It is going to cause damage right? Not to mention the speed the 1/8 scale vehicle is traveling when hitting said rock.

https://www.inchcalculator.com/scale-calculator/

Last edited:
I've found the two Arrma vehicles I own to be very durable, especially the Granite 4x4 that I converted to brushless. It does 53 mph and I've beaten the snot out of it. I've broke the rear input shaft (common breakage on the converted trucks), a wheel drive shaft, a wheel axles (overtightened) and a shock eyelet. If you've see some of the horrific landing I've done you'd be impressed that it hasn't broken more. The Kraton has been rock solid, bit I did add an RPM front bumper. I was surprised with the lack of a stock bumper. It looked useless.

i ordered the rpm arms last night, are the hot racing hubs worth it? i would think your taking about these [ https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPEN&P=7 ]? the stock hub does not look cracked or broken at all. i did reinstall the pillow ball but really don't want to test run until the arm is replaced because i don't want to bent a driveshaft or break a shock as well

i ordered the rpm arms last night, are the hot racing hubs worth it? i would think your taking about these [ https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPEN&P=7 ]? the stock hub does not look cracked or broken at all. i did reinstall the pillow ball but really don't want to test run until the arm is replaced because i don't want to bent a driveshaft or break a shock as well
Those aren't the right hubs. I ordered them by mistake. The ones you want are part number AON21M01, not AON21MA01. The A in the part number indicates the older Kratons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back