Kraton First run & first break of my V4 Kraton.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok so I finally took her out and wow, Amazing! Found a great spot at local park with two lit up empty baseball fields with a raised walkway between them.
Decided to see if I could clear the walkway jump...unexpectedly launched was more than I expected... started to flip so I then throttled a bit and over corrected... landed upside down on its hood, bounced, rolled, & kept going. Not a thing borke...we later measured the divit where it landed & not even on full throttle, stock 12T pinion...it cleared 52 feet. Could not believe it.
Unfortunately nephew drove it and accidentally nosed it into a sprinkler lid that was popped up. Only thing broke was the connector attaching the front left shock to the a arm.

I know the v4 shocks are shimmed, so am hoping I can find just the connector at LHS & not replace the whole shock. I've found them online but still try to get one today.
The video is off because phone died so mo the whole time and the field lights were led so a lot of flickering.

Get a few packs of those shock ends. Pretty common for them to break. Nice jump, little bit of practice and you will be doing a back flip over that.
Shock ends #ar330338 I have it memorized...save the little pivot inside the broken end.

I love the fact that you have a video of the first break, and the kid laughing makes it awesome!

I have not yet broken one of those but I’ve only run my truck three times before I tore it down because of other breakage.

I am replacing my shock ends with ones from Tekno which are supposed to be stronger and less prone to breaking.

Get a few packs of those shock ends. Pretty common for them to break. Nice jump, little bit of practice and you will be doing a back flip over that.
Shock ends #ar330338 I have it memorized...save the little pivot inside the broken end.
Thanks! And really a lot of practice.

I love the fact that you have a video of the first break, and the kid laughing makes it awesome!

I have not yet broken one of those but I’ve only run my truck three times before I tore it down because of other breakage.

I am replacing my shock ends with ones from Tekno which are supposed to be stronger and less prone to breaking.
Thanks Powerdubs! The kid was my all too excited son who's getting into the hobby with me. This was a great bash but not what broke it believe it or not. Took several of these type of landings to do it in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back