Limitless First run limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
We got a hobbywing max8 spektrum motor 2050kv 4085 setup.

Went with an infraction diff and 23T pinion to start.

Had a crash and pinion came loose. 35mm motor fan destroyed.

Got up to 72mph/117 maple syrups per official language.

Figure that's pretty good for a mid range infraction gearing. Think the 'speed pinion' included in the infraction is 27T.

Funny story.

Our first run we had steering problems. Figured out we never put a screw in the steering horn. Could have been a real issue running 60+ mph 😂.

Got a screw in there and loctite and risked a second run.

That's when our pinion came loose.

Motor fan destroyed. Motor temps getting stupid.

Gonna try the spool and 1.25 primary gear ratio included in the box next time or time after

Arrma Limitless
Here's a pass we recorded. I swear we went faster second run but the GPS died.

I find the GPS sucks sometimes. The battery goes dead for no reason. Even though it appears charged well enough and Full. These GPS analyzers suck in this regard, considering their price and all. Been through so many. I see a pattern with poor batteries in most of them. And they are very small capacity batteries to begin with.
Been there . It sucks after a Run, when you expect a MPH read, and there is none.:rolleyes: The run becomes a fail.:confused:

Last edited:
That we escaped with just a bit of damage to the front splitter and down a motor fan was an outcome we can live with. We at least got one sort of baseline reading.
I would say for sure I don't like this dynamite gps. Especially at over 100 CAD. Seems cheap and unreliable.

Had some really bad wrecks with my Lim. And Totaled out. Mangled chassis' and all.
In 2 cases I just purchased new Lim Rollers. (y)
Made no sense to order and replace all the many broken parts separately. It was even cheaper than going the JennysRC route after I did all the math.:giggle:
It was cheaper to "kit break" my own Lim Roller.:LOL:

Last edited:
I should have bought 2 while they were on sale is what you're saying. I mean it was 420 CAD and the Hoons alone are just over a hundo CAD brand new. There is a special god that looks after fools and idiots. We thought we were going beyond the tx/rx effective range and losing steering when we were coming around for another pass before we realized we had forgotten an important screw. We could have plowed into a curb and demo'd it through sheer stupidity first run out.

The Lim roller is the best bang for the buck of all the Arrma models out there. On road or off road.
Even at the regular never changed $400. price. Has the flexibility to drop $300-$400. or even $1k+ in electrics. Your choice depending on your wallet.
A cheap and $flexible$ chassis platform. It has limitless potential at only $400.:giggle:
The Lim can beat out a Scale F1 car if you want it to.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back