Kraton first run new kraton v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabmore

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Super stoked to run my kraton ran a 4s pack through it no problem then a 6s and same but on the second 6s pack heard weird noise and noticed pinion gear was missing a tooth and the rest of the teeth looked worn. gear mesh is good. so I need a new pinion the motor was at 151 degrees f so think i'll stick with 12 tooth any suggestions would be nice. also noticeably the shocks in front are way soft compared to the rear I think they may be on backwards and the fronts do not dampen at all but full of fluid. getting a new pinion and shock fluid just not sure what to go with. sorry its a lot just looking for some feed back. and that pinion is on so tight

Last edited:
Re-place the stock pinion with something besides the Arrma ones. They tend to strip out easy. They are red loc-tighted on, so you will need a heat gun to most likely remove it. Stock gearing will usually keep your temps down. The shocks on the front are supposed to be softer than the rear shocks. Try out Tekno Orange springs. Or you can just swap out fluids.

Re-place the stock pinion with something besides the Arrma ones. They tend to strip out easy. They are red loc-tighted on, so you will need a heat gun to most likely remove it. Stock gearing will usually keep your temps down. The shocks on the front are supposed to be softer than the rear shocks. Try out Tekno Orange springs. Or you can just swap out fluids.[/QUOTE

I actually order the springs already. thanks so much ganna get shock fluid tomorrow just trying to figure out what wt. cuz the front is just way to soft but rear is way stiffer. if you have any recommendations for general off road and small to medium jumping

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back