Senton First run out of box senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cba43

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Senton Mega
Took my senton 3s out of the box. Set up esc for lipo , full punch, 75% brake and headed to my track with 3 3s 50c lipos. Wow this things fast. First pack was a spin out over jump crash fest. Lol. Pack 2 at 50% throttle and just rolled all the jumps and tried to just make decent laps. Third pack started running decent laps and figured out jump speed much better. Bumped throttle up to 75% and ran a couple more 3s packs. Freind had a 2s 50c pack so I ran 1 last run with that. Up to 100% on throttle and was able to start hitting the triple as a double single most laps. Debris getting caught up in the steering a couple times was only irritating thing and the spur pinion noisy already. 2s lipos on order and will be dropping a couple teeth on pinion and changing tires before my first race. Very impressed with truck out of the box. Blown away with the raw speed on 3s and after as many hard crashes that first battery super impressed with durability. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with this truck on the track and upgrading it for that purpose.

Took my senton 3s out of the box. Set up esc for lipo , full punch, 75% brake and headed to my track with 3 3s 50c lipos. Wow this things fast. First pack was a spin out over jump crash fest. Lol. Pack 2 at 50% throttle and just rolled all the jumps and tried to just make decent laps. Third pack started running decent laps and figured out jump speed much better. Bumped throttle up to 75% and ran a couple more 3s packs. Freind had a 2s 50c pack so I ran 1 last run with that. Up to 100% on throttle and was able to start hitting the triple as a double single most laps. Debris getting caught up in the steering a couple times was only irritating thing and the spur pinion noisy already. 2s lipos on order and will be dropping a couple teeth on pinion and changing tires before my first race. Very impressed with truck out of the box. Blown away with the raw speed on 3s and after as many hard crashes that first battery super impressed with durability. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with this truck on the track and upgrading it for that purpose.
Nice.. wish I had a track close!! 😎

My Senton 3s was my first rc purchase (just a couple days ago). I mentioned elsewhere how fast it seemed to me, but I have no experience to know whether my perception was reality. Glad to hear someone seasoned feels the same way.

But if you don't mind, could you translate what you said for a newb?

"Set up esc for lipo" Pretty sure I didn't do anything out of the box to set up my esc for lipo. Should I have done something that I didn't?

"Full punch, 75% brake" Totally lost on what that means.

And are you getting 2s lipos to reduce your top end speed so you can go full throttle with more control? I bought 2 3s lipos with it and maybe I need to consider downgrading as well.

Greg

My Senton 3s was my first rc purchase (just a couple days ago). I mentioned elsewhere how fast it seemed to me, but I have no experience to know whether my perception was reality. Glad to hear someone seasoned feels the same way.

But if you don't mind, could you translate what you said for a newb?

"Set up esc for lipo" Pretty sure I didn't do anything out of the box to set up my esc for lipo. Should I have done something that I didn't?

"Full punch, 75% brake" Totally lost on what that means.

And are you getting 2s lipos to reduce your top end speed so you can go full throttle with more control? I bought 2 3s lipos with it and maybe I need to consider downgrading as well.

Greg
Have you read you packets at all.. you should familiarize yourself with them... Give them a good look over fr fr!!

The esc will be set to lipo as it's factory default setting, you can change it to nimh in the esc settings, which is where u will find brake options as well as a few others, I strongly recommend you look over the manual and go though it more than once or twice!! 📚

Have you read you packets at all.. you should familiarize yourself with them... Give them a good look over fr fr!!

The esc will be set to lipo as it's factory default setting, you can change it to nimh in the esc settings, which is where u will find brake options as well as a few others, I strongly recommend you look over the manual and go though it more than once or twice!! 📚
You caught me. I was lazy and didn't read. In my defense, though, my RC life is only 3 days old. I was more excited about just throwing my new toy into the wild. But your point is well taken.

I'm starting a new post about my Senton journey, with pictures and details about what I'm going through. Upgraded tires and steering servo this evening. Made some mistakes and had to go through the whole process a couple times. I'll detail all that as well. But I'm wrenching it all myself and learning it trial by fire.

You caught me. I was lazy and didn't read. In my defense, though, my RC life is only 3 days old. I was more excited about just throwing my new toy into the wild. But your point is well taken.

I'm starting a new post about my Senton journey, with pictures and details about what I'm going through. Upgraded tires and steering servo this evening. Made some mistakes and had to go through the whole process a couple times. I'll detail all that as well. But I'm wrenching it all myself and learning it trial by fire.
Best way to go!! 👍

I've been out so long as this is new to me too. I had to read that set up page multiple times. On 3s these are deffinetly fast as heck. So much more drivable on 2s. The track rules state 2s only anyway so that's all I've been running. Have fun modding for your deal . I'm focused on track so different deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back