First run set up needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dopeman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
So, I have a Nero and a Senton coming. Is there any prior setup needed for either of them? I read about people doing shock oils, diff grease, etc...... Do I need to do any of this? Or, can I just charge up the lipos and let her rip? Really new to electrics.

You really don't have to do any of that until your recommended maintenance. Unless you're experienced at this then you can do it. Otherwise learn as you go on here. Just make sure if you're truck is dirty wash it off either with a hose or shower, after make sure you dry it thoroughly air compressor,blow dryer, can of duster blower will work in a pinch. After wd-40 all the moving parts and wipe any run off. Search the forum lipo cycling helps prolong battery life. Enjoy!

The only thing to watch on the Nero is the screw that holds the steering linkage to the servo horn. It is notorious for loosening and falling out. You can reach it without removing any covers so just check it and snug it up if needed after the the first run and then every few packs after that. Once you have the truck apart, it's a good idea to take it apart and Loctite that screw and nut but it's not easy to do with the truck together.

Buy lots of rod ends and shock ends and caps. If you bash it, you will brake one every time you run it.

Buy lots of rod ends and shock ends and caps. If you bash it, you will brake one every time you run it.

Second run today. Broke the rear bumper. Well, it's one of the side extension. Looks like the thread just stripped out of the plastic. Thinking about gluing back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back