First run - wheel came off after twenty feet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antsiranean

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi, I am back in the RC world after a 25 year break - great. Today I made the first run with my brand new Fury BLS and was really excited about it. For ten seconds. The car travelled twenty feet and then one of the back wheels came off. Seriously Arrma? That's ridiculous on an RTR. Instead of driving, my son and I spent time crawling around and looking for the wheel nut. Luckily we fond it and could put the wheel back on, but how tight should it be? The wheel came off once more and then I tightened it a bit harder, maybe too much, since the wheel doesn't turn as easy as the opposite one. I've now loosened it slightly, but am instead afraid the wheel will fall off again.

Some good advice and a bunch of spare nuts would be much appreciated.

@antsiranean Arrma or not, I always make it a point to check screws and nuts on any RC I buy - new or used. Giving it a good once over before your first run can easily take care of silly things like this.

Welcome to Arrma Forum by the way! :D

Problems continued, but now with the right not turning as easily as the left. I finally found out that the first time the wheel came off, the small pin that locks the inner wheel nut came off with it and that I didn't notice. Last night, when I removed both back wheels to see if there where any differences i saw that the pin (that I previously didn't know existed) was missing. New pins ordered now. Until they arrive, I will make do with a cut off nail in place of the pin. Should work alright.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back