Granite First run with Mamba X/1410-3800Kv combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I just test ran the Mamba-X/1410-3800Kv combo. Stock gearing, punch control at 25%, slipper medium tight. 2s is just way to slow for me. Totally unimpressed. Would definitely need to change the gearing if I were to run 2s as my go to. After 20 minutes of 2s I swapped in a storage charged 3s battery. Much more to my liking. Still not super fast but much better than the 2s. I still might change the gearing with 3s and I will definitely run 3s with this setup. Spur held up fine. I also put my Proline Trenchers on for the runs. Nice tires. Did have one come off, Thankfully I had an extra wheel nut. I'm afraid to crank them too tight because I broke one already. But if you don't you should check them after every battery, Those nuts come loose.

Question regarding the ESC fan. Is is supposed to run all the time? I don't think mine ever came on. My SW4 ESC had a wire that went to the Aux channels specifically for the fan and it ran 24/7. The Mamba has a separate Aux wire but it is programmable for different functions and not used for the fan (so I think.)

Not sure about the Mamba X, but the Mamba Monster X only turns the fan on when it gets above a certain temp. The fan on my castle sct sv3 runs all the time though.

You are correct. Fan come on as needed. My SW4 ran all the time.

Did some more bashing yesterday. This combo on 3s is a lot of fun. Still deciding if I want to change the gearing. On a fully charged 3s battery it moves out really well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back