Notorious First run with my first ARRMA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I finally got one!

I was at school when my mom messaged me that "the package" had arrived.
When I got home, the first thing I did was unbox it. That thing is fat! I expected everything to look way thinner and open for some reason.
I just finished my first run. Adjusted the steering trim and rate, and started at 50% thr. The steering was terrible. I noticed earlier that the wheels weren't properly aligned: I had toe out for some reason. Anyway, should be easy to adjust (if I had the tools). It steers very well when going backwards though 😂.
I also ran at 75% and 100% for a bit, but the street is cold and smooth, and there were a lot of parked cars. The neighbor girls started watching. After almost crashing and almost ramming my own ankles I put it back on 50%, as it has zero grip on asphalt.
I tried a standing backflip on a very small patch of grass on 75%. I landed on the roof and did a full front flip. Task failed successfully.

Now I'm decharging my LiPo for storage, and will run it on a proper field later.
I also noticed the motor and ESC were quite hot, even though it was night and I was running on 50%. I guess my drivestyle is a bit aggressive.

I have to align the wheels properly, swap out the diff fluids and find a relatively cheap cooling solution, like fans. What are some free mods I can do with limited amounts of tools?

Congrats!
Nothing is free and yes, fans are recommended.

Check all tires and drive train for binding, frequent cause of overheating. Get yourself a temp gun, 'feels hot' is not a good indicator.
You need to stay below 160F on the motor, and you are ok, that is too hot to touch.
ESC is protected and will shut itself off. Annoying but no danger.

Anytime dealing with a 6s model I highly recommend getting MIP hex wrenches. It will avoid you dealing with stripped screws which really suck!!!
Congrats on the new rig, I'm sure you will love it when you get it to some open space to run it properly.

I luckily have a miles long grass field very near me ("powerline park"), and a dirt BMX track, but walking there with a 6s is way to heavy, and I don't have my bikes yet

I had another run, on grass this time, and on 100%.
I really need to look into mods for better steering. I also can't wait to get my diff oils. This thing feels to tame as it can't hold a wheely and can't steer in grass.
It doesn't roll over, which I love! With my Slash I was always slowing down to avoid rollovers. Not anymore!

Before you buy stuff, tighten up your servo saver with c-clips. Stronger servo won't work if all the power gets eaten up in the saver.
Put you rig on carpet or other high friction surface and use steering only, observe where the disconnect between servo and wheels occurs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back