First set of SAGA gears. Wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Got my first spool, and 8mm pinons to go on my super send Kraton build from Island Hobby Nut today. Guys if you've been put off by the website, or can't bring yourself to pull the trigger on a $20 pinion, DO IT!?

20200706_095133.jpg

The amount of steel in these works of art gives me security that I can lay down some serious power that you won't strip this spur. ?

The dual grub screws help in maintaining a perfect alignment. Look at that beef factor on the 8mm shaft of my Tp Power 4260cm 2080kv.?
20200706_091139.jpg

And the sound, OMG

Yes they are loud as hell when checking your mesh, but at speed, they are quieter than the stock drivetrain. A testament to the accuracy of them, as they easily contain twice the amount of engagement surface. They hang on a Ti spool w/ ceramic bearings & steel drivecups (yes the one from Island Hobby ?).

Just really stoked at my acquisition today. It is an investment, but considering the amount of ? I ? in this Hobby on cheap crap, it's nice to have some peace of mind.??

I was going to order that exact same spool setup from him, but the shipping delays + customs etc coming from the US to the UK stopped me..?
He has so much nice stuff on his website and he answered my emails super fast, top guy..??

Are you running that in spool your Kraton..???

I was going to order that exact same spool setup from him, but the shipping delays + customs etc coming from the US to the UK stopped me..?
He has so much nice stuff on his website and he answered my emails super fast, top guy..??

Are you running that in spool your Kraton..???
Total top guy, he called me when they didn't have the 44t. So we dropped both Spur & Pinon to maintain the original ratio. And he didn't have the Tp motor in 5mm, so we changed to an 8mm, which I'm glad I did. Now just need to build up my 8mm pinion collection?
and yeah the Kraton

Total top guy, he called me when they didn't have the 44t. So we dropped both Spur & Pinon to maintain the original ratio. And he didn't have the Tp motor in 5mm, so we changed to an 8mm, which I'm glad I did. Now just need to build up my 8mm pinion collection?
and yeah the Kraton
I decided to stick with 5mm
image.jpg

I just wish shipping overseas was cheaper...? saying that though it's the extra fees that push it over the edge..!!
For me they would workout roughly $50 each if I bought them one at a time..??

And the worst thing is you might only use it once as your gearing changes..!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back