Limitless First Speedrun build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to try that I suppose. I have it on my VTE2.
I guess it might be worth mentioning that there are at least three different types of Dual-Lock and, if I'm not mistaken, they have different levels of interlocking strength. There's the clear, the black and a a third kind that escapes me atm. I'm using the black stuff and when it's new...holy balls, I sometimes have a really hard time getting the batteries off the chassis. It sticks like sauer on kraut.

Being able to pick up my car by the batteries and shake it around was sufficient adhesion testing for me but....YMMV :)
Had my ESC mounted with dual lock. During one of my crashes, which wasn’t that bad, the ESC was just flopping around under the body. Used a template and just drilled 4 holes for the XLX2. Won’t be a problem again. Dual lock holds but any sort of impact or jolt and stuff comes flying off. Same with my GPS.

Had my ESC mounted with dual lock. During one of my crashes, which wasn’t that bad, the ESC was just flopping around under the body. Used a template and just drilled 4 holes for the XLX2. Won’t be a problem again. Dual lock holds but any sort of impact or jolt and stuff comes flying off. Same with my GPS.
Agreed. With the XLX2 I do the same. But the ESC in question is the MMX8S which, unfortunately, was not blessed with the same mounting options that the XLX2 is outfitted with. Yes, you can use really strong double sided tape, but it's just a pain in the backside anytime you want/need to take the ESC out. In that case my personal preference would be to take an ESC flopping about under the body as a calculable risk as a consequence of having an ESC that is removable. But again...that's just me and my own preferences. To each their own.

Agreed. With the XLX2 I do the same. But the ESC in question is the MMX8S which, unfortunately, was not blessed with the same mounting options that the XLX2 is outfitted with. Yes, you can use really strong double sided tape, but it's just a pain in the backside anytime you want/need to take the ESC out. In that case my personal preference would be to take an ESC flopping about under the body as a calculable risk as a consequence of having an ESC that is removable. But again...that's just me and my own preferences. To each their own.
Well when mine was flopping around the battery and motor wires were holding it in. So there’s that. 🤣

Looked at mounting options last night, At this point I wish I got a V2 limitless, even the MMX8s is a tight fit trying to route wires and stuff out of the way. I may design and 3D print a cage that attaches under the fan and incorporates a switch mount and then just drill the plate

Did some testing on my relatively small street. MMX8s power is insane. Hit 70 mph. It is really darty though, thinking maybe a little less Toe could help or should I adjust the expo on my remote? I also am going to be ordering the radiolink setup soon, already at the edge of the GT3B range

Did some testing on my relatively small street. MMX8s power is insane. Hit 70 mph. It is really darty though, thinking maybe a little less Toe could help or should I adjust the expo on my remote? I also am going to be ordering the radiolink setup soon, already at the edge of the GT3B range
What you want to do is turn the dual rate way down for the actual pass. That should take care of the overly sensitive steering response. 35% should be a good starting point and just tweak to taste.

Thanks for the tips! Car runs straight as an arrow but my road is slightly curved so making the slight turn is tricky.

Thanks for the tips! Car runs straight as an arrow but my road is slightly curved so making the slight turn is tricky.
Easy fix. Just set your steering trim a couple of clicks left or right...whichever way your road curves ;)

A little update, made some more passes cannot get past 70 mph, I think my 50C battery packs are to blame. Are the SMC DV Extreme packs any good? CNHL G+ packs are not in stock.

A little update, made some more passes cannot get past 70 mph, I think my 50C battery packs are to blame. Are the SMC DV Extreme packs any good? CNHL G+ packs are not in stock.
I wouldn’t use them for speed running. They are good packs though. @real_name_hidden can probably post some pics in here to show you exactly what happened to him multiple times.

I wouldn’t use them for speed running. They are good packs though. @real_name_hidden can probably post some pics in here to show you exactly what happened to him multiple times.
Couple of pages back. But seriously not worth the headache. I ended up not only losing out on the batteries it killed two Xlx2

My friend is going to lend me one of his SMC 4S packs, gonna see where this gets me speed wise. I am hoping for an improvement

95150-4S1P-500x500.jpg

Welcome to the club.

Few questions to help get you going.

1. What radio are you running (concerned about range)
2. What does your road look like? How long, how wide, obstacles?
3. What tires are you running on this car? and what is your speed goal?
4. Which LiPos do you have or plan to get?

You can learn a ton from running on 3s initially and is certainly the safe way to learn. Many people crash trying to jump straight to 6s.
You can absolutely go over 100mph on 3s and is a great place to start.

I would recommend installing a capacitor pack for that ESC. The MMX8s suffers from ripple voltage and it can harm the ESC over time.
Sorry not sure if this is the best way to do this or if I should make my own post. I just really need some help with my build. limitless v2 dual 1721, x4 cnhl 6200 4s1p have been ordered. My main problem at the moment is figuring out what gearing I should be using. I've already watched all of Raz's video 100 over seeing if he mentions what gears to use but he doesn't. Community may frown upon me for just wanting the hand out but the thought of going through all these different pinion and spur gears buying them $20 a pop just doesn't sound enjoyable to me. I saw that these cars are fast and just want to enjoy the speed. I just want to know what gearing is used for 150mph and 180mph with my setup and I guess a bashing gearing setup also for the days I just want to rip around without blowing my motors/esc. Sorry for the long post and I understand if im banished for wanting the handout I know some of you guys worked very hard to reach these high mph and I respect it but the gearing part of this hobby is where the joy bleeds out for me.

Sorry not sure if this is the best way to do this or if I should make my own post. I just really need some help with my build. limitless v2 dual 1721, x4 cnhl 6200 4s1p have been ordered. My main problem at the moment is figuring out what gearing I should be using. I've already watched all of Raz's video 100 over seeing if he mentions what gears to use but he doesn't. Community may frown upon me for just wanting the hand out but the thought of going through all these different pinion and spur gears buying them $20 a pop just doesn't sound enjoyable to me. I saw that these cars are fast and just want to enjoy the speed. I just want to know what gearing is used for 150mph and 180mph with my setup and I guess a bashing gearing setup also for the days I just want to rip around without blowing my motors/esc. Sorry for the long post and I understand if im banished for wanting the handout I know some of you guys worked very hard to reach these high mph and I respect it but the gearing part of this hobby is where the joy bleeds out for me.
Not to sound like an ass but if this is your first build and you expect to run 150-180mph right out of the gate then spending $20 on a gear is going to be the least of your worries. You’ll want to start out slow and get used to the car. Progress slowly until you reach your goal otherwise you’re gonna have an expensive pile of parts on the side of the road. And if I remember correctly there’s an issue running dual 1721’s. They don’t jive with each other so one is “fighting” the other. Someone else will be along to explain that more in depth.

Not to sound like an ass but if this is your first build and you expect to run 150-180mph right out of the gate then spending $20 on a gear is going to be the least of your worries. You’ll want to start out slow and get used to the car. Progress slowly until you reach your goal otherwise you’re gonna have an expensive pile of parts on the side of the road. And if I remember correctly there’s an issue running dual 1721’s. They don’t jive with each other so one is “fighting” the other. Someone else will be along to explain that more in depth.
Yea my plan was to get used to the car that's what I would use the "Bashing" gear setup what ever speed it may be to learn the car a bit. Ive spent way too much money to just go 180 full throttle on my first day. Its unfortunate to hear about the 1721's not working well together hopefully there's a resolution to if if not the deeds already been done .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back