Limitless First Street Car!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have been strictly offroad guy for my almost 2 years and I recently got some grp for my typhon and I actually started to enjoy some street bashing a lot. So I went to OfferUp and found this limitless roller for $275 🤘🤘🤘. Really pumped about it. I want to run 8s so I'm going to go with a Max 5. Next question is motor. I have read some older threads that say TP 4050 I believe. Any input on that would be invited. I don't intend to do speed runs but you never know what the future holds. For now just want to street bashing. Would like to be able to do 80 or 90

The guy said he's on the forum so if you see this then thank you sir 🙏🏼

Running 80's and 90's is not really street bashing. You are at the threshold of Speed Running.
Enjoy your new rig.

Running 80's and 90's is not really street bashing. You are at the threshold of Speed Running.
Enjoy your new rig.
Yeah I feel you. But I get 70 on my typhon offroad and it still rips doing anything so I figure I can get more out of this pretty easy. We shall find out

I believe the 82mm is long as ya can get without flipping mount.check out jondilly1974 running a 5650 in infraction. Running into 140s..gear down to your speed an no overheating
Yeah I actually ended up going with a 5687. Flipped the motor mount. @jondilly1974 all I need to fit the 56 can is the 50 series slider correct?

Yeah I actually ended up going with a 5687. Flipped the motor mount. @jondilly1974 all I need to fit the 56 can is the 50 series slider correct?
That would work yes

The max5 limits at 33600rpm. I assume you got yourself the HW 5687-1650KV that runs 55400 rpm (no load) at 8S. The MAX6, or non limited ESC like ZTW & Castle, would have been a better matches. Doesn't mean it will run 33600rpm under regular load, but if you gear it too low you will run against that limiter.

That would work yes

The max5 limits at 33600rpm. I assume you got yourself the HW 5687-1650KV that runs 55400 rpm (no load) at 8S. The MAX6, or non limited ESC like ZTW & Castle, would have been a better matches. Doesn't mean it will run 33600rpm under regular load, but if you gear it too low you will run against that limiter.
Actually the 5687 1100 kv

Actually the 5687 1100 kv
Then it will only be limited when running no load.
Running 90's might be difficult fitting big enough gears in there btw, the tooth count on the standard mount isn't that great. 56 motor prevents you from running small spurgears.
GP5 diffs end/or a PPS mount would give more headroom.

Then it will only be limited when running no load.
Running 90's might be difficult fitting big enough gears in there btw, the tooth count on the standard mount isn't that great. 56 motor prevents you from running small spurgears.
GP5 diffs end/or a PPS mount would give more headroom.
Yeah I mean I guess I don't totally need 90s. But I also plan on running center diff. 46 spur. Think a 25 pinion would suffice on 8s or am I looking at it wrong?

They make a 40t with diff.use rc gear calculator app.best thing ever.limitless has a Trans ratio of 3.3
33/40 would get ya bout where ya want

Screenshot_20211009-180234.jpg

They make a 40t with diff.use rc gear calculator app.best thing ever.limitless has a Trans ratio of 3.3
33/40 would get ya bout where ya want

View attachment 173254
Oh man then I'm way off. Thank you for that sir. I need to download that

I run the PPS mounts myself. Never tried to run a 50 series on a stock mount. I’m sure it will work, just can’t give you assurances beyond that. 🤘🏻

I run the PPS mounts myself. Never tried to run a 50 series on a stock mount. I’m sure it will work, just can’t give you assurances beyond that. 🤘🏻
Ok might just have to get that one. Thank you sir 🙏🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back