Kraton First test/run wheels keep turning right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Kraton has a new DS3230 30kg servo. Running 6100 Spektrum rx on DX5C. It will drive straight then all of a sudden the wheels turn to the right. It can turn left mostly right. If I center it I am good until I begin to move it a few feet. RX calibration was done correctly and done again. Any ideas on what to look for?

Go to your AVC on your radio and make sure its turned on, then turn all settings to 0.
worth trying

edit: you can leave the override setting to 100% or 0%

Go to your AVC on your radio and make sure its turned on, then turn all settings to 0.
worth trying

edit: you can leave the override setting to 100% or 0%
Thanks. I did try that with it off and on and setting as stated. Still did it

I did flip the Rx on it side to confuse the gyro and it drives straight. I know that's wrong not home for parts and I don't have a spare Rx with gyro. I feel the gyro is bad.

Another check: Turn your wheels by hand and see if one of the right side wheels requires more force to turn. If so there might be binding on a right side wheel hex (shims) or a wheel bearing or diff bearing with more friction on the right side.

^^^ or the Pivot balls are too tight causing a bind. Check the SS while you are there.
From what I gather, the AVC Rx's can be placed on it's side or flat down. Just that when binding, make sure it is in its permanent position.
You have much experience with AVC, so I think you are on the right track so far. They can be finicky at times.
You probably already know that the rig needs to be still and sitting on level terrain before powering on the rig, after the Tx is powered on.
Just food for thought for others having this issue.
I would try checking the AVC/ Rx position inside the Rx box, once again.
What BEC volts is the DS3230 servo getting rght now?
Some servos work better with lower volt BEC settings. And has to do with resulting servo frequency response and speed and the AVC controller.
Some things I noticed playing around with Gyro's in general.

Another check: Turn your wheels by hand and see if one of the right side wheels requires more force to turn. If so there might be binding on a right side wheel hex (shims) or a wheel bearing or diff bearing with more friction on the right side.
Feels good but will recheck. First run I did run a check in that on bench. Nothing pulls funny when I reverse the gyro, no pulling to a side like bearing or anything.
was the Rx in the same position from binding to you just now moving it?
Also thx @SrC

I did a final rebind with battery all loaded before I left and again all in right position. I did add the M2C pillow ball upgrade those are smooth I took 15 min when adding those make sure no bind. All good call outs. I will have to wait get home remove Rx from a rig to test to really verify. I do have lots non AVC Rx.

Out in an open field did and not fix the issue but did find a temp fix. Spektrum who needs an ass kicking did put a video out on how to disable the AVC gyro and no bind plug is needed.

I did this in the video. Have the 3 blinking light and no AVC. She runs find so the gyro is bad I have no turn left or right anymore. Time call Jenny see if he has another to replace this one. Thx all

I read that putting all the settings to 0% would be the same as the AVC being off. I tested it and it did work.
It does seem yours has an issue. Is it new? Refund/replace?
Sorry to hear the frustration. Good luck man!

I read that putting all the settings to 0% would be the same as the AVC being off. I tested it and it did work.
It does seem yours has an issue. Is it new? Refund/replace?
Sorry to hear the frustration. Good luck man!

I did try that but I have not found that to work on the SR6110 or SR6100 rx to stop AVC. Even if it is off in the DX5C. But the video option kills it for use like using a bind plug but no plug is needed.

I did try that but I have not found that to work on the SR6110 or SR6100 rx to stop AVC. Even if it is off in the DX5C. But the video option kills it for use like using a bind plug but no plug is needed.
Oh yea if its off in the DX5 it doesn't mean its disabled which is why it needs to be on but settings set to 0. But if you tried that and the AVC still functions then somethings wrong.

Oh yea if its off in the DX5 it doesn't mean its disabled which is why it needs to be on but settings set to 0. But if you tried that and the AVC still functions then somethings wrong.
Agree with you friend....it's bad right I have turned it off before from the radio and it stopped the gyro....

Happy to have Ted at JRC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back