Infraction First time arrma buyer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FnFancy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hellooooo fellow addicts! Well FnFancy went and got an infection. I saw the release videos, I saw the early YouTube videos, I decided I had to absolutely have an Infraction! Lucky me, I randomly stopped by my LHS, with an intent to just hold it, look at it. Well, I went home with her. I've got one run, about 30 min, of 6s on her. I'll quote what I told one of my rc buddies when asked how it was "dude, I literally put two cones out, about six feet apart, and did figure 8s for 30 min. Never did the smile leave my face." Never thought an on road car would steal my heart like this truck has.
20190812_210423.jpg

Hellooooo fellow addicts! Well FnFancy went and got an infection. I saw the release videos, I saw the early YouTube videos, I decided I had to absolutely have an Infraction! Lucky me, I randomly stopped by my LHS, with an intent to just hold it, look at it. Well, I went home with her. I've got one run, about 30 min, of 6s on her. I'll quote what I told one of my rc buddies when asked how it was "dude, I literally put two cones out, about six feet apart, and did figure 8s for 30 min. Never did the smile leave my face." Never thought an on road car would steal my heart like this truck has.
20190812_210423.jpg
Some how these pictures ended up looking horrible, I'll retake tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20190812_210439.jpg
    20190812_210439.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190812_210435.jpg
    20190812_210435.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190812_210510.jpg
    20190812_210510.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190812_210445.jpg
    20190812_210445.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20190812_210606.jpg
    20190812_210606.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190812_210522.jpg
    20190812_210522.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 68
Hellooooo fellow addicts! Well FnFancy went and got an infection. I saw the release videos, I saw the early YouTube videos, I decided I had to absolutely have an Infraction! Lucky me, I randomly stopped by my LHS, with an intent to just hold it, look at it. Well, I went home with her. I've got one run, about 30 min, of 6s on her. I'll quote what I told one of my rc buddies when asked how it was "dude, I literally put two cones out, about six feet apart, and did figure 8s for 30 min. Never did the smile leave my face." Never thought an on road car would steal my heart like this truck has. View attachment 45402

Some how these pictures ended up looking horrible, I'll retake tomorrow.

(y)(y)??
What? You're on it! Killin it! Welcome to the forum! The smile carries on even later at night with a great group of active members.

I would seriously ditch the Deans adapters. Going from IC5 to EC5 to Deans already adds resistance to your loop let alone running a connector only rated at 60a on a 150a esc.

I would seriously ditch the Deans adapters. Going from IC5 to EC5 to Deans already adds resistance to your loop let alone running a connector only rated at 60a on a 150a esc.

I'm guilty too. Some of my 2s and 3s packs have deans and adapters and not motivated to solder. I just bought 6s packs, and some good 3s with ec5 or xt60 and good to go.
I bought deans for the MT10E and now I share em with the bossman's kid that has a 2wd granite.

Welcome to the forum @FnFancy and congrats on the "infection"! We know it's an Infraction, but the feeling it gives is "infectious".

Welcome. I took mine out last night for the third time on my neighborhood street. Really just to do some donuts. I wish I would have remembered how low this thing is and to stay away from the reflectors in the middle of the street. Stripped one screw on the splitter so no big deal. Man is this truck fun.

Thank you all, while it was a case of fat fingers it seems infection fits. I'll second the road reflectors, it's not fun hitting them. That and my driveway is apparently too steep,

Great to have you here on the forum!
There is something about the raw power, traction, acceleration, and speed that just makes me love on-road.
Speed can be very addicting if you have good roads for it. It is also a dream crusher when you car hits a solid object at 80+ ;)

-Liberty

Welcome. And I applaud your figure 8's method. I do that with all my brand new rigs. First time out. It can be boring to some. But it is a tried and proven way to treat a new rig.
It does a proper initial break-in of the F+R Diffs more specifically.(y)(y)(y)

I figured I'd get the business for that. Its temporary, all my batteries are Dean's connector or traxxas (gasp!) and I really really wanted to run the truck. Originally I took it in to have deans put on the esc (my soldering skills are limited to small gauge non current carrying wires) but my lhs was out of stock and the back up lhs advised not to. Eventually I guess I'll switch everything over. Never had issues with Dean's though, from crawlers to tekno mt410 on 4s and erevo 2.0 on 6s.
Great to have you here on the forum!
There is something about the raw power, traction, acceleration, and speed that just makes me love on-road.
Speed can be very addicting if you have good roads for it. It is also a dream crusher when you car hits a solid object at 80+ ;)

-Liberty
Liberty! Nice to see a familiar face! I see you dominate the Arrma speed runs as well. My next mission is to find spots to run this beast, not just in front of my house.

Well, first casualty for this truck. The front air splitter, or what ever its it's called, stripped out the screws and fell off. I picked up the front spoiler and put it in my truck, continued the run. Pretty much anything greater than a ten degree slop digs the front end in and the front air dam/splitter takes the brunt of the damage.

Check droop and ride height. Maybe you can gain another 4mm in height at the front. Sometimes a minute height adjustment will make all the difference. Where you drive matters too. Maybe drop the rear a few mm while raising the front a bit. R/F weight transfer from on/off acceleration/braking can cause nose diving ever so slight enough to smash the splitter.

Last edited:
Well, first casualty for this truck. The front air splitter, or what ever its it's called, stripped out the screws and fell off. I picked up the front spoiler and put it in my truck, continued the run. Pretty much anything greater than a ten degree slop digs the front end in and the front air dam/splitter takes the brunt of the damage.
Go figure. It's like 1mm off the ground ? Id just remove it if you are not doing speed runs.

Update, ran a pack (with out air splitter, seems if I'm not doing speed runs its unnecessary, ha) on some cheap tires. Fresh asphalt, you be the judge. Still, never thought I would have this much fun driving around on road! Great truck! Still dialing it in, getting to know the truck and what not. I have a max8 and 4075 2000kv arrma motor begging to be put in this truck but I think I'll run it till she dies before replacing electronics. She runs hot, so I don't anticipate a long wait before the switch is needed.
Oh, to all the haters on my adapters. The deans plug's stay cooler that the ic5/ec5 connector

Attachments

• 20190822_132637.jpg
    20190822_132637.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190822_132631.jpg
    20190822_132631.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190822_132829.jpg
    20190822_132829.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20190822_132626.jpg
    20190822_132626.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190822_132619.jpg
    20190822_132619.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 45
Update, ran a pack (with out air splitter, seems if I'm not doing speed runs its unnecessary, ha) on some cheap tires. Fresh asphalt, you be the judge. Still, never thought I would have this much fun driving around on road! Great truck! Still dialing it in, getting to know the truck and what not. I have a max8 and 4075 2000kv arrma motor begging to be put in this truck but I think I'll run it till she dies before replacing electronics. She runs hot, so I don't anticipate a long wait before the switch is needed.
Oh, to all the haters on my adapters. The deans plug's stay cooler that the ic5/ec5 connector
Your IC5/EC5 plug isn't fully seated and might have caused the heat issue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back