Kraton First time behind the wheel of a kraton 6s ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I just took my kraton 6s out for the very first time and my face still hurts from smiling so much. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away and smashed into a stop sign. ? it looks like i broke a shock rod end, damaged the lower control arm and slightly bent my shock tower. I'm quite upset with myself right now? anyways, is their better shock rod end I should get or just go with the stock arrma ones. I included pics of my epic fail ?
20200308_174109.jpg
20200308_174115.jpg
20200308_181024.jpg

Same things happened to me, but they haven't been repeat breakages (2 shock rod ends, but that's it)

I replaced mine with Tekno rod ends (p/n TKR6140C) and matching balls (TKR5049A). They were quite expensive to ship to Canada through eBay, and I've heard the Nero rod ends are a good affordable option (I think they're p/n AR330409).

Last edited:
So I just took my kraton 6s out for the very first time and my face still hurts from smiling so much. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away and smashed into a stop sign. ? it looks like i broke a shock rod end, damaged the lower control arm and slightly bent my shock tower. I'm quite upset with myself right now? anyways, is their better shock rod end I should get or just go with the stock arrma ones. I included pics of my epic fail ?View attachment 68929View attachment 68930View attachment 68931
It's the nature of the hobby mang the first time I took my talion to a big open park I hit full throttle and it did a cart wheel and lost the rear dog bone. Don't worry mang I'm sure you or someone else can fix it.

Besides the Tekno, the ones below are working very well for myself.
You get more in a package, for the next time it happens, and they are much better than stock.

Below are in blue but they have multiple colors.

- RPM Traxxas Short Rod Ends for the Shocks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O7QZW/

- RPM Traxxas Long Rod Ends for inside steering turnbuckles: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O7R38/
You will need different balls if you use the long ones. For shock rod nothing else is needed.

Last edited:
So I just took my kraton 6s out for the very first time and my face still hurts from smiling so much. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away and smashed into a stop sign. ? it looks like i broke a shock rod end, damaged the lower control arm and slightly bent my shock tower. I'm quite upset with myself right now? anyways, is their better shock rod end I should get or just go with the stock arrma ones. I included pics of my epic fail ?View attachment 68929View attachment 68930View attachment 68931
All part of the game my friend!
Shock rod ends are the bane of my existence... ?
Your driving will improve with time and in turn less breakage. ?

Buy some spare rod ends. You'll need them for sure. Common breaking point. AR330338 Shock Rod End Set Nero. Those are made slightly stronger, will last little longer.

Thanx for the advise guys! Also, I don't have a shock tool. Whats a good way to get the rod end off without damaging the shock shaft.

The way I look at it is if you’re gonna hit a pole, something’s gonna break. Do you want that to be a shock end or a shock shaft? Or maybe a shock mount? Or a bent tower. Basically, unless you broke it on a normal run, then just accept that hitting things is going to end in something breaking.

Oh yea, I take full responsibility for what happened.
I f***ed up and in no way am i blaming the truck. In fact, I'm astounded I didn't break more stuff. for
The way I look at it is if you’re gonna hit a pole, something’s gonna break. Do you want that to be a shock end or a shock shaft? Or maybe a shock mount? Or a bent tower. Basically, unless you broke it on a normal run, then just accept that hitting things is going to end in something breaking.
[/Q
I see hot racing makes aluminum shock rod ends .are those good or will they cause more damage to other more expensive parts.

Last edited:
NO DO NOT USE ALUMINUM SHOCK ENDS!!!!
If you had aluminum ends you would be replacing a shock shaft as well maybe even a stand off.
Agreed. Upgrade but keep them plastic.

Ok, I thought the aluminum ones might cause issues. One more thing, Is their any particular pivot balls I should get. They're alot out their and I'm not sure which ones to get. Will any 6.8mm work? Some of them are expensive! ?

Ok, I thought the aluminum ones might cause issues. One more thing, Is their any particular pivot balls I should get. They're alot out their and I'm not sure which ones to get. Will any 6.8mm work? Some of them are expensive! ?

I use these:

HPI 6.8mm BALL - HPI-101083

20200309_104109.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back